Vs2 F Black Dot Naked Eye

BigJimmy

Hello All,

I just purchased an engagement ring last weekend and while my Fiance was looking at it last night, she noticed a VERY visible Black Dot on it.

I bought ( or so I think I did ) a VS2 with an F Color...

When I look at the ring now it is all I see.

Is it possible I did not get what I paid for?

Ummm, how can I put this. Of course it's possible. It's also possible that there's a piece of debris on the stone or a reflection of something in the room that's responsible for what you're seeing. If you're concerned that the stone was misrepresented by the seller, get it inspected by an independent appraiser. Most cities have one or two now and there are quite a few of us who do work for out of state customers through registered mail service.

Neil

Hello All,

I just purchased an engagement ring last weekend and while my Fiance was looking at it last night, she noticed a VERY visible Black Dot on it.

I bought ( or so I think I did ) a VS2 with an F Color...

When I look at the ring now it is all I see.

Is it possible I did not get what I paid for?

I think you should return this diamond right away before the stores return policy runs up. A VS2 diamond should be clean to the naked eye, even under the loupe should be hard to see for a regular guy. Please let me know which certificate this stone came with.