Proposing Outdoors, Need Ideas/help...

ashaman

Ok, so here's the short of it...we have this hike we go on all the time because it's beautiful and fun, and it's kind of where our relationship has developed (aside from the normal places like restaurants and the house etc.) There are some really cool places, a waterfall or two, and fun memories, and I think it would be a fantastic place to propose, (and the place is called Bridal Veil, :D ) with one problem...it's outdoors on a semi-strenuous hike, so when the time comes, we'll be pretty gross, and aside from the view and location, there isn't much else to do.

As a result, I'm having a tough time coming up with ways to make it romantic, and it seems a bit simple to me...I always imagined I'd do a bunch of different things, like a series of culminating events with a big ta-da at the end :)

Can any of you give me any ideas? Thanks in advance.

• 2 months later...
Ok, so here's the short of it...we have this hike we go on all the time because it's beautiful and fun, and it's kind of where our relationship has developed (aside from the normal places like restaurants and the house etc.) There are some really cool places, a waterfall or two, and fun memories, and I think it would be a fantastic place to propose, (and the place is called Bridal Veil, B) ) with one problem...it's outdoors on a semi-strenuous hike, so when the time comes, we'll be pretty gross, and aside from the view and location, there isn't much else to do.

As a result, I'm having a tough time coming up with ways to make it romantic, and it seems a bit simple to me...I always imagined I'd do a bunch of different things, like a series of culminating events with a big ta-da at the end :)

Can any of you give me any ideas? Thanks in advance.

personally...id look into something involving the waterfalls if you can get down to them. right under it would be cool. otherwise, with this hike, is there a climax or top of the place you climb too? if so...do it at the top with a great view if u have one.