2.18 Princess Cut Diamond

mike jansen

I'm looking to buy my girlfriend a engangement ring. Been shopping around doing a little research. I found a ring on Ebay that i'm really interested in for her. I'm not sure if it is a good deal because i don't know everything about diamonds. I asked for the GIA report. But it was "clarity enhanced" which i've read they dont' grade report those type diamonds.

So my question is. What is a "clarity Enhanced" diamond?

Is it different from a diamond that i would buy from blue nile.com,or zales for example??

Can i see the difference between a clarity enhanced diamond vs a diamond that wasn't??

Do you need to give them special care?

this is what it says

Gem Type: - 100% Natural Diamond

Cut: - Shape - Princess Cut.

Carat: - Weight - 2.18 ct

Clarity: - SI2 - eye clean diamond

Color: - G (colorless - white)

Measurement: - 7.10 x 6.83 x 5.12 MM

Depth: 74.9% - Table: 66%

Girdle: - Thin to Medium

Culet: - None

Polish: - Very Good

Symmetry: - Very Good

Fluorescence: - None

Comments: - Clarity Enhanced - It is real Beauty, Brilliant, Fiery, full of Sparkle. - Acompanied by GLD Gemological Laboratory Certificate. We will set it in your ring free of charge Retail Value: $17,500.00 Then it says this........................................ ~~~~~ Clarity Enhancement: ~~~~~

This diamond is a real natural diamond mined from deep in the heart of the earth, and is just as strong as non-clarity enhanced diamonds.

The enhancement is invisible to the naked eye, only you and your jeweler will ever know that your diamond was enhanced.

:unsure:

that is the link for the ebay auction.

I'm not sure if this is a bad buy, but this guy has a 99.8% selling score. and has sold 1688 items. Advice would really be appreciated.

Thank you.

mike

‘Clarity Enhanced’ means that at least some, and possibly many of the inclusions in the stone have been filled with a high refraction glasslike material to make them harder to see.

There have been quite a few discussions here about this topic. Use the search bar near the bottom of the page to search for ‘clarity enhanced’, ‘CE’, and ‘Yehuda’. I’m sure you’ll find some interesting reading.

Neil

Edited by denverappraiser

If you don’t know who the grader ‘GLD gemological laboratory’ is you might want to do some research into them. If you can’t figure out who they are, assume that their opinions are, at best, useless.

A quick google and ebay search for auctions containing their name indicates that the seller you are considering does quite a lot of business with them and they don’t seem to have any other clients. Hmmmm.

Neil

Hey!Some real red flags here.

1) the photo is NOT the diamond they are offering- yet they don't feel any need to actually let folks know that.

This amounts to a huge misrepresentation, because a 2.18 carat $6000 princess cut is going to be pretty rough looking.

2) Withdrawn feedback ratings spell trouble- no matter high high the percentage.

Hey!Some real red flags here.

1) the photo is NOT the diamond they are offering- yet they don't feel any need to actually let folks know that.

This amounts to a huge misrepresentation, because a 2.18 carat $6000 princess cut is going to be pretty rough looking.

2) Withdrawn feedback ratings spell trouble- no matter high high the percentage.

[/quote

Thanks guys for your input. I really appreciate your time and opinions, and experience. Off hand would anyone know of a reputable dealer on the web that sells quality and price?

Thankx

[/quote

Off hand would anyone know of a reputable dealer on the web that sells quality and price?

Thankx

Canvass the vendors on this forum. All reputable, all selling quality goods.