Does Blue Nile Sell Settings Only?

MeddlingKids

I found a couple websites I would like to buy the diamond from, but I'm not really a fan of the settings. The setting my girlfriend really wants is from Blue Nile. While I initially intended to purchase from them, the more I've researched, the more I want to actually see the diamond prior to purchasing it and having it set.

Is there a way to get that setting without buying the diamond from Blue Nile?

Thanks

As I recall, they are happy to sell anything they have to anyone who is willing to meet their price. I doubt that they are prepared to set a stone purchased elsewhere into one of their mountings so you will need to find a 3rd party setter who is willing to do the work. Depending on where you live, this might be difficult but talk to your local jeweler about it. Naturally, they won't be able to give a straight answer of what is a problem and what is not without seeing both the diamond and the setting but many jewelers have shops in-house that do this sort of work (many don't, so don't get frustrated if you don't find someone at the first store you call).

When you find someone who will agree to do the work, make sure to ask them about the breakage liability in the rare circumstance that they damage the stone and/or the mounting while working on it. Different jewelers have different policies about this.

Neil