buying diamonds online

depereman

where is the best place to go online to buy diamond studded earings?

I've checked different places like ebay and diamond stores, but I'm leary to spend the money online. I feel comfortable with a store type, but they seem more expensive.

I'm looking for around 1-1.5 ct earrings and I've found prices from $1200 to $5,000

thanks for the help

where is the best place to go online to buy diamond studded earings?

I've checked different places like ebay and diamond stores, but I'm leary to spend the money online. I feel comfortable with a store type, but they seem more expensive.

I'm looking for around 1-1.5 ct earrings and I've found prices from 00 to ,000

thanks for the help

Then shop at a store and negotiate the price. They are, in general, a little more expensive but it's not always by all that much when you really get down to comparing the same things. Going with the dealer who can make the most grandiose promises for the lowest price doesn't usually work out all that well. Pick a dealer you like, ask them what they have and can get, and tell them your concerns.

Ebay is a terrible place to start. There is an unbelievable amount of misinformation and mis-described merchandise there.

Neil

We sell diamond studs (Diamonds by Lauren) and so does Barry from SuperCert who also posts on this board.

To make a judgement on whom you might want to trust, you can take a look at other posts on this forum, "the rock". Our owner is David, the poster with the orange heart diamond. Barry has a photo of himself (I've accused Barry of using shoe polish to maintain his youthful glow)

You can find out almost everything about us or them on the internet since almost all information, professional and personal, is posted about everywhere. I am not revealing the toothpaste I use, however. I have some things I keep to myself.

Trust in your dealer is THE VERY FIRST thing you need to establish. What you are looking for is not a difficult item to find. So concentrate on the good dealer part. Then he/she can locate what you're looking for and offer a competitive price.

Do beware of deals on round diamond earrings that are too good to be true. Round diamond studs are popular and if the price is way lower than somewhere else, something is up.

Hi Deperman,

Lets 1.00carat total weight, well cut round brillaint diamonds- two diamonds which total 1.00carats- as a benchmark.

A price of $1200 means that they are very poor quality- without a shadow of a doubt.

They might be nice looking.

They might be worth $1200- but they are not ....I don't know .....say , G/SI1

If a reputable dealer is selling a pair of legitimately graded, well cut GSI1 diamonds, 2 stones totaling 1.00carats..the price will likely be more than $3000

Believe it or not, princess cuts are about 10% less costly than a round of the same color/clarity/size...

What I'd look for is a seller you are comforatable with. If you are looking for better quality, see what the seller offers. Is an emphasis placed on quality, or price?

I'm not suggesting you overpay- but I have found that places that offer "the lowest price" as part of their advertising rarely have the best quality OR service.

The best sellers can be compeitive price-wise, but place a high priority on quality of product, and customer service.

If you have been quoted somethign and want to bounce it off us, we'll be more than happy to coment on price, etc....