Diamond shapes

pamiewamie

I have been trying to find a nice eyeclean diamond that i can afford as a center for my wedding ring. I have found a 1.02 trillion and also a 1.59 pear. I am having such a hard time deciding. Can anyone give me any information that might help me in trying to know which one would be the best choice? Please assume what i am saying is the truth....oK? THe trillion is to be 1.02 I color and SI2 clarity. The Pear is said to be....1.59 I1 clarity and H-I color. The pears inclusions are feathers not noticable upon casual observation. The idea of a stone thats 1.59 naturally excites me lol. The jeweler said the 1 .02 carat trillion appears just as large though as the 1.59 pear. Im not familiar with TRiLLIONS and for some reason dont see many of them as the MAIN stone in rings. PLEASE...ANYONE, i need some advice.

Thanks!!

Most people tend to put trillions on the sides of center stones, but that is not to say that it cannot be used as a center stone. The shape of a center stone is more of a personal preference than set standard. The measurements of the trilliant would account for how large it would look compared to the 1.59. It can be a traditional triangular shape with more pointed corners (this would have a length to with ratio of 1.05 to 1.10) or a more rounded triangular shape (with a .90 to 1.03 ratio). An equilateral triangle is the more preferred trilliant shape and the variance in the ratio of length to width should not deviate considerably.

It’s also a preference on the clarity of the stone. Is the SI2 eye clean? Do the I1 inclusions not really bother you? All that I would say should come into play when making your final decision between the two stones. :P

Does that help at all? If not let me know and I can answer any more direct questions as well.

Thanks so much trying to help me. I sure appreciate it. The measurement of the trillion solitaire is 9mmx8.5mm She said it faces up like a 2 carat. Its better clarity. The 1.59 is what caught my attention on the pear. Its a f-G color. The inclusions in the I1 pear are like feathers but she said you have to look for them..their not real noticeable.

I am going to assume that your probably purchasing this stone online and that you can't see both stones side by side. If you trust the vendor and she has them side by side ask her honest opinion on which one she would reccommend. I've had customers ask me to do that and it works out well. Hopefully they will want to see you a diamond that you will love and want to keep.

Sometimes the carat weight can sit at the bottom of the stone if the stone is deep and so even though the stone has more carat weight it can appear to be not as large as some with a depth that is not as deep. So I wouldn't go be carat weight alone because it depends on so much more. It is possible that the trillion appears larger because of the table and measurements of the stone, not sure about it going from a 1 to a looking like a 2 but its possible if it has a very large table and is not very deep.

I have been trying to find a nice eyeclean diamond that i can afford as a center for my wedding ring. I have found a 1.02 trillion and also a 1.59 pear. I am having such a hard time deciding. Can anyone give me any information that might help me in trying to know which one would be the best choice? Please assume what i am saying is the truth....oK? THe trillion is to be 1.02 I color and SI2 clarity. The Pear is said to be....1.59 I1 clarity and H-I color. The pears inclusions are feathers not noticable upon casual observation. The idea of a stone thats 1.59 naturally excites me lol. The jeweler said the 1 .02 carat trillion appears just as large though as the 1.59 pear. Im not familiar with TRiLLIONS and for some reason dont see many of them as the MAIN stone in rings. PLEASE...ANYONE, i need some advice.

Thanks!!

HI Guys!

Pam- In my opinion, you'd need to be into the more unusual to love a trilliant as a center diamond in an engagement ring.

solitaireEX_8.jpg

That's a yellow trill in a ring.

It can be done well, and be very pretty, it's just not "traditional".

In terms of size, many trilliants present a large surface area for their weight.

That's becasue the nature of the cut lends itself to shallow pieces.

It sounds like the seller is ballparking these color/clarity grades.

Have you seen the diamonds?

If you'd like to let us know the prices, I'd be happy to let you know if they sound in the ballpark.

paimie- I am the one who is in charge of a diamond website. On our site I have a "Ring Gallery" and a "Shapes" page that might help you narrow down your choices. The diamond shapes page is simply a layout of many interpretations of a shape.

Ring Gallery with Photos

Our Diamond Shapes

Good luck and I hope this helps.

Good morning all,

Well i decided on the trillion. Its supposed to be here tomorrow! I am so excited. Its gonna be mouted on a wide band that kinda narrows down the sides. The band is set with lots of diamonds giving it an all over sparkle. Total weight of the band is 1.50 carats. Wish i knew how to post the picture and i could show it to you all.

Thanks everyone. I love the help everyone gives here.

Pam

Go to +add reply. Once there, scroll down past the smilies.

There is a "browse" button. Click on that and attach your photo.

If it's really large it won't upload. So make sure you've cropped or sized it in some photo program. For instance a photo can't be 850mb or 900 px wide.

I'm excited for you. You renegade you. A trillion is a nifty and unusual solitaire choice. Good for you.