to buy online from ultimate shopping network

Rat_Terrier

• 2 weeks later...
www.shopusn.com has a one carrat soitare ring g-h si2 for 99.00. it says it is certified but i have no information on who it is certified by. it does have a 30day money back guarantee. does anyone have any experience with this company or their merchandise?

Hi Rat!

I can say, without hesitation- or even looking at any website- that NO Natural, non enhanced one Carat diamond for $1299 is nowhere near G-H Si2.

It's like saying- I've got this really nice car- for $1299.

It might have tires and doors, but it ain't going to be a very nice car- or diamond- if it's actually worth $1299

Red flags everywhere on this baby.

Reputable diamond grading labs such as GIA and AGS (the two best in the industry) DO NOT issue split color or clarity grades. It's either a "G" or a "H" color, not both.

Can a woman be a little bit pregnant?

The fact that there is no-name "certification" makes this entire offering suspect.

Price is ridiculous. You will not find a decent cut quality G color/ SI clarity natural, non-fracture filled, clarity enhanced, laser drilled diamond for $1299!

Run, don't walk away.

If you want to shop with on-line diamond dealers, there are many reputable ones that will work with you and offer you correctly graded quality merchandise. Good place to start is the diamond Search section of this website.

I took a quick look at their site and I’m having a hard time finding the offer you describe. I do find a few other curious things though. In particular, they seem to make no claims about the cutting, clarity, color, treatments, or origin of any of their various diamonds. They have a link to the ‘IGL certificate’ in the ads but none of the ones that I clicked on lead to anything. There are lots of red flags that would give me pause from shopping with these folks:

#1 They don’t list their refund policy. It is briefly mentioned in the middle of their 1455 word legal disclaimer titled ‘our commitment’ that you have 30 days to make a return less shipping and handling charges. It's near the section where they say that nothing they sell is expected to be suitable for any purpose whatsoever. Commitment indeed.

#2 IGL.

#3 Descriptions.

Here’s the entire text of what they have to say about a 2 carat ring that they want $6700 for:

"14kt TT (Yellow and White) Round Diamond Solitaire 2.00ctw Dia Sz7 2.50G"

Search around, it’s easy to do better than this dealer. You’ll get better products, better prices, a better shopping experience and better service. Another good place to search is the links in the signatures of the previous two posters.

Neil

I was just browsing around regarding USN and found this website. Anyhow, I just decided to create this account to post a warning regarding USN. I know a few people that works there and it's a bad place to shop. Some of the people in accounting even take customer's credit card and add additional charges. The company is rumored to be going under.

I don't know anything about this company. But I will tell you that when it comes to shopping for diamonds, you need to find a dealer you can trust first. They can most likely get what you want. Look for a dealer that shows you photos and discloses details about a diamond. Witholding info is always a red flag.

• 2 weeks later...

I creared an account to provide my experience with USN...

1. We purchased an item, thankfully a small ticket amount on 10/23/06. They said it will be shipped in appx. 7 days.

2. 10 days later we called their customer service line...HA! 45 minutes later, we get a very foreign accent person telling us the item is on back order...7 more days.

3. Called again, this time over an hour in music on hold hell...hung up.

4. Emailed them at help@usn.com. Did get a curt reply...still on back order.

5. TODAY, went to their corp. site. Called the CA toll number. Could not get a real person. NO ONE is listed in their extension directory...no one EVER answered.

Went through every page, did find out they failed to file a necessary SEC form on time (I am an investment guy)...no email addresses except if you want to apply for a job, or become a vendor...nothing on managers or directors.

6. They did have another generic email address for corp. - info@usn.com...it bounced back as bad.

I FINALLY got through to customer service to cancel our order, and received a cancellation confirmation. Their excuse, we're moving. I'm very skeptial.

We will NEVER shop there, and advise anyone else, if shopping on TV, go to the biggies (QVC, HSN, etc...)

• 2 weeks later...

If you have legitimate knowledge of or information relating to a felony, you should call the police. What you are describing would be criminal on a gigantic scale and every transaction would be permanent evidence. If you don't, you shouldn't be repeating hearsay in a public forum.

Neil

If you have legitimate knowledge of or information relating to a felony, you should call the police. What you are describing would be criminal on a gigantic scale and every transaction would be permanent evidence. If you don't, you shouldn't be repeating hearsay in a public forum.

Neil

It's not mandatory of me to report anything to the police since I have no business ties with USN nor do I care for their behavior. Just be happy I'm giving people a warning.