HELP PLEASE

pamiewamie

I would like someones opinion on a TRILLION cut diamond. I have found one that is a 1 carat. The color is J.

Im more interested in how the cut compares to the more common ones as for as being popular or not.

I am thinking also of a 1.55 carat princess. I1 clarity. The inclusions are visible to the eye but there is no carbon. Its like a couple white feathers.

Thanks Pam

Pam,

Trillions are not popular as a center stone but they are often used on the sides of 3-stone designs and other multi-stone pieces. Then again, 'popular' isn't really a very important attribute is it? Do you love it?

In both cases, cutting is a big deal and the difference between the best and the worst can be considerable both in look and in price. Have you seen these stones?

Neil

I wouldn't venture to guess what makes one thing more popular than another. The world would make me completely crazy if I tried. It's good news for people who like unpopular things because it brings the prices down and it allows you the opportunity to be a trendsetter. :D

Neil

Trillians can be hard to design around.. Being roughly triangular in shape they don't lend themselves toward being center stones.. It is done, and sometimes done very nicely.. But those tend to be solitaires with a lot of gold around then as the design element.. Putting side stones on them is tough..