New shopper seeking help

DocSmith

My girlfriend and I have started engagement ring shopping and she has fallen in love with the "Hearts on Fire" brand diamonds. I must admit they do look great, but I find the markup painful. I will buy the Hearts on Fire, because thats what she wants. But I'd also like to use any available methods to lower the price as much as possible. So I have a few questions.

BTW: I'm looking for a solitary rock about 1ct, Aprox G color, and VS2

1. Would it be cheaper to buy the stone seperately and have it mounted at a top quality name brand Jeweler, recieving the benefit of both a lower priced name brand stone, and a big name setting?

2. How do I go about finding dealers who sell the name brand diamonds for less than the big name jewelers.

Thank you everyone for taking your time to read and respond!

Hearts on Fire has a very limited retail base when compared to generic non branded diamonds.. And those store that have the Hearts on Fire brand rarely, if ever, owrk out special deals on price.. They have too much invested in the brand to do that.. It becomes like buying from Tiffany's.. You are paying for the name..

HoF has an authorized dealer locator on their website. www.heartsonfire.com. They all charge about the same prices for otherwise comparable stones. It may be worthwhile to try and play them off against each other but I wouldn't bet on it. It's possible you can find a genuine HoF on the secondary market for less.

Neil

Have you considered looking at vendors online that sell comprable Hearts & Arrows diamonds for considerably less money? As Steve and Neil mentioned, HoF is a brand. Many vendors have their own names for their H&A diamonds. Most of these are priced far more competitively than HoF. Some vendors also have special policies and features for these premium cut diamonds such as lifetime upgrade policies, GemEx reports, H&A viewers, etc.

If it is simply the name that she loves, well then....you are paying for the name.

Harts on fire are basicly diamonds that cut in high accuracy and it ideal proportions.

Those diamonds can are very popular.

I attached two pictures of diamonds to help you understand the diffrences.

The diamond on the left is diamond with no much accuracy but it still have a lot of brilliance.

The diamond on the right is cut in high accuracy, also has high brilliance.

The way you can tell diamond cut is by looking at the center circle reflection.

One diamond you can see very nice cyrcle around the culet. he other diamonds you can not see it.

[edited by moderator - excessive self-promotion]

If you are interested I will pull out one and I will take picture of them so you will be able to tell.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Shahar

post-2-1159920704.jpg

Shahar,

What does your post have to do with the original question? DocSmith wanted to know if he could shop HoF and how to get them for less money. A perfectly valid concern. He mentioned an interest in branding no less than six times in a single post! You responded with information that is inaccurate, misleading and irrelevant, presumably as a way of persuading him to rethink his plan to buy HoF at all and to buy a substitute from you instead. Ignoring the fact that it’s a violation of the rules to post such blatant advertising, what do you have to offer that’s better than the offerings by Meagan (10x) who posted above? Even if he decides against HoF, why should he go with YOU?

Neil

You are right,

I shouldn't have mentioned that he could get this from me. I am new here and I didn't memorized the terms and conditions. Thank you for letting me know.

I do know more then you think. I know how diamond needs to be cut to achive Hearts and arrows, I used to do it for 10 years.

Diamonds in that quality and size can be found in many places you just need to know what to look for.

I gave this gentelmen a tip of how to identify them. I would give as many tips that he wants and I wouldn't mind where he gets it from.

I was hoping to be on this channel to help and to learn and not having to "fight" and having to defand myself by you each time I place a post.

I would appriciate if you stop address my posting again

Shahar

I’m not trying to fight with you and I’m not questioning you knowledge of diamond cutting. I’ve never even met you. I ignored your first 12 posts so I wouldn’t even say I’m picking on you. People come here looking for specific advice while they are shopping for what is basically a blind item for them. As you know, the Internet is full of misinformation. It’s not necessary to change a question to be able to answer in a way that leads them to you. Readers will find your link and, if you provide useful and accurate information they will flow through to your site. I wish you the best of luck with your business, I really do, but I (and others) will continue to respond to posts that I believe to be confusing, inaccurate or misleading, as should you. By all means if I say something that you feel is inappropriate or inaccurate, to post a correction.

By the way, I am not the moderator. I think the community is best served by the rules and I do my best to comply with them but I’m not the guy who enforces them.

Welcome to the forum.

I was hoping to be on this channel to help and to learn and not having to "fight" and having to defand [sic] myself by you each time I place a post.

I would appriciate [sic] if you stop address my posting again

I believe it serves us all best if someone finds it necessary to address your (or anyone else's) posts when warranted. As we all know, there is plenty of misinformation and ulterior motives rampant throughout the Internet and sadly on this (as all other) forums as well. The best way to let the truth shine through all the clutter and misinformation is to have members challenge one another on the facts.

With regard to self-promotion, please read the Forum Rules (see the link on the top of the page) and please abide by them each and every time you post. There are many valued "regulars" here (that also happen to be jewelers) and who abide by the rules perfectly. I would be doing them (not to mention our visitors) a great disservice if I did not enforce the rules consistently.

Thanks for reading, and welcome to Diamond.info!

You guys said some true things, I will try to get things less personal.

Neil,

It seems as you have wide Gemologocal experiance. I respect that a lot.

When you right your opinion you do it from a gemology point of view.

I give my opinion from a diamond cutting point of view.

I believe I can learn from you as well as you can learn from me, that is why I am here.

If I give my opinion on a post and you don't understand or agree, do not criticise or attack. I am sure I will have an answer for you that might make scense.

I would like to start all over again, and this time on a better note.

Thank you,

Shahar

I would like to start all over again, and this time on a better note.

You seem like you have a lot of experience with diamonds. I'm quite looking forward to reading your in-depth posts.