please help me! - engagement ring advice

gottarock

please help me!

I am deciding between 2 stones and need advice on what is a better stone:

both are I color, SI1 clarity, no fluorescence, do not have black clouds, both very good for polish and symmetry

round brilliant

depth 62.8

table 59

girdle medium to slightly thick, faceted

is slightly more included according to the GIA cert

round brilliant

depth 59.5

table 56

girdle thin to medium faceted

is slightly less included according to the GIA cert

questions:

1- which stone has a better table / depth?

2- which girdle is preferred?

3 - overall which (on paper) looks to be a better stone (based on table depth, girdle) ignoring size differences?

4 - what size tapered baguettes go with this size stone? the 2.13 can only do 18 point baguettes (each side) and the 2.01 wants to do 35 point baguettes (each side)

Welcome!

1- which stone has a better table / depth?

Table/depth ration isn’t a valid way to determine the quality of a diamond. Both are within the range of reasonably well cut stones.

2- which girdle is preferred?

Avoid very thin and very thick. Again, both are within the acceptable range.

3 - overall which (on paper) looks to be a better stone (based on table depth, girdle) ignoring size differences?

There’s not enough information to make this determination. If you post the Sarin measurements for each stone along with a scan of the related lab report, there may be people here who will give you an opinion about some of the possible merits and demerits of each stone but ‘better’ is going to be difficult to answer without both seeing the stones and discussing your objectives.

4 - what size tapered baguettes go with this size stone? the 2.13 can only do 18 point baguettes (each side) and the 2.01 wants to do 35 point baguettes (each side)

I don’t understand the question. What’s to prevent you from putting 35 pointers with the bigger stone or visa versa?

Note: The amount of ink used in the plotting diagram is not a valid test for what is more or less included. Is this how you made this determination? If not, how did you?

Neil