SECURITY OF TRANSPORTATION

AJGAB

I AM WONDERING ABOUT THE SAFETY OF GETTING A DIAMOND DELIVERED TO A CLIENT, ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU BUY OVER THE INTERNET.

WHAT TYPE OF COMPANIES DELIVER DIAMONDS AND HOW SAFE ARE THESE COMPANIES?

IS THERE ANY INSURANCE INVOLVED? AND WHAT ARE THE PROCEDURES?

CAN YOU GIVE THE WEB-SITE ADDRESSES FOR SUCH COMPANIES AND INSURANCE COMPANIES AS WELL.

SECURITY IS THE FIRST MOST IMPORTANT FACTOR.

YOUR KIND RESPONSE WILL BE AWAITED!

REGARDS

HI NEIL

THANKS FOR YOUR FAST REPLY!

I BELIEVE THAT IT IS MUCH SECURER IF YOU SHIP AND DELIVER IN THE SAME COUNTRY, BUT WHAT ABOUT INTERNATIONAL TRANSPORTATION.

ANYTHING CAN GO WRONG! THEFT, DAMAGE, ETC. WHO CAN YOU TRUST? WHAT SORT OF COMPANY DELIVERS THAT? AND MOST OF ALL, ARE THEY RELIABLE?

AJGAB

First, please turn off the caps lock.. It's consider SHOUTING on the internet.. And it's hard to read..

For shipping there are a lot of options.. Personally, we use FedEx for everything, and have an additional rider through our own insurance carrier to cover any loss or theft.. I've have heard horror stories about every shipper out there, but all of them try very hard to do their best.. Otherwise they wouldn't stay in business..

Also, when shipping loose diamonds, it sometimes pays to disguise the package.. One color gemstone vendor we use ships everything in a long triangular poster tube so that any potential thief will think that it's just a poster and nothing of real value..

Ajgab,

International shipments will vary drastically depending on the value of what you are shipping and both the source and destination countries. For high value international shipments, the best way is often to simply carry it in person on an airline. Can you tell us more of what you are trying to do?

Neil

We are a Diamond Company and are looking for Couriers that can ship loose diamonds for us overseas.

You say Fedex is the best. Are their any other Couriers that are just as good?

We want to explore the option of maybe getting our own Insurance as it might be cheaper than getting one from the Courier. But we don't know where to start looking for Insurance Companies and Couriers - Where can I get hold of such Companies?

Can you help me?

I would start with the insurance commission of the country you are shipping from. Insurance companies have to have a license to do what they do and they should be able to tell you who has a license to offer this kind of policy. It's called 'inland marine' in insurance lingo.

FedEx does not do business in all countries and their insurance program is not the same in all countries where they do business. Ring up the local FedEx office and ask them for the details about the rules where you are and where you would like to ship to.

Neil