re-sizing an antique wedding ring.

Kihei33

My husband gave me his great grandmothers beautiful wedding ring that requires re-sizing. The ring has never been appraised. Where should I get the ring re-sized. We don't personally know any jewlers so we are hesitant about being able to find an honest jewler. What should we ask them before we do this.

Thanks

The first step is to find a jeweler that actually has a shop in his store to do this kingdom of work.. A large number of jeweler's job repair work out to trade shops.. There is nothing basically wrong with this, but jewelers with shops 'tend' to be a littl emore particular about the work they do.. They will also be able to inspect your ring properly to be sure that it can be sized safely..

You didn't say if the ring was going up or down in size, or what the style is, but 'most' rings can be sized safely with liitle to no risk.. There are ocassions where this is not the case, but a jeweler that does, or has done, bench work in the past will be able to guide you safely after looking at the ring..