Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest rdhul

diamond accent

5 posts in this topic

what exactly does it mean when jewelry is advertised not as having diamonds but "diamond accent" earrings, necklaces, etc?

It means you need to read the fine print :-)

Seriously, there is no specific meaning. It can mean it contains diamond dust or very small diamonds (which are worth very little) or it can mean just about anything else. I would ask, and get any representations in writing if you're spending a chunk of money on the piece. If a significant/big chunk, then an appraisal is in order.

I'm reminded of an advertisement back in the 80's for quartz crystals being sold for their mystical healing properties and that they had their energy 'charged by the great pyramid'. I couldn't resist and I called up the distributor and asked them what the heck that meant. After great hooplah they agreed that 'charged' means the same as 'shared a planet with'.

Neil

I'm reminded of an advertisement back in the 80's for quartz crystals being sold for their mystical healing properties and that they had their energy 'charged by the great pyramid'. I couldn't resist and I called up the distributor and asked them what the heck that meant. After great hooplah they agreed that 'charged' means the same as 'shared a planet with'.

Neil

Now that's funny. I never understood the whole quartz crystal mystical crap that was all the rage in a decade or so ago. Unless you like wearing a quartz crystal because it's pretty, merely doing so spells gullible in my mind...

Neil

Neil, this post really made me laugh. I started my career in the mineral business and you would be surprised (or not) how these ideologies are still prevalent today. Or maybe it is the whole cyclical phenomenon. I have been seeing a lot of popped collars lately. :)