Our diamond doesn't seem to sparkle

Guest jpenn210

Guest jpenn210

We purchased a 1.5 carat 15000.00 diamond ring with good cut and clarity, round solitaire and it just doesn't seem to sparkle like we think it should. Even with the appraisel, is it possible we were dupped?

Sounds like you bought this diamond on-line, sight unseen. Right?

Don't know if "duped" is the right term as you don't tell us what you specified to the vendor and what he told you that you were getting.

What does "good" cut mean and how was it defined and quantified to you? By the numbers on the lab report? If so, that is totally meaningless, numbers are not predictive of diamond beauty.

Talk with your appraiser. This question get's asked a lot any good appraisers will discuss it at length with you. If the 'appraisal' you have is something supplied by the seller, you don't have an appraisal, you have some sales materials. If this is the case, completely ignore everything on that report, find an appraiser who is working for you, not the seller, and figure out what you actually have.

Make sure it's clean. Dirty diamonds look very different from clean ones.

If this is a recent purchase, carefully read the return policy immediately. There may be an important deadline and you may still have time to get a real appraisal and then make an informed decision about whether to keep it or not. Most good dealers will take a return within a reasonable amount of time and offer you another stone that may be more suitable for you but this will vary from dealer to dealer.

$15,000 is a sufficient budget to get a pretty nice stone it that size although not everyone has the same expectations about the details of what it should look like. Part of the beauty of diamonds is that they're all different. For that budget, you have every right to expect something that will take your breath away if not interfere with air traffic.

Man,

if you are rich enough to pay 15 granf for 1.5 ct w/o even looking t it, I guess I feel GOOD for you. Othrwise I feel sorry...........

You must look at the stone in comparison to at lesat several other stones to get at least an idea how different proportions look like.

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And listen to the people at this from - Neil, David, etc.

These guys are pretty good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

TANKS,

vITALIY

Man,

if you are rich enough to pay 15 granf for 1.5 ct w/o even looking t it, I guess I feel GOOD for you. Othrwise I feel sorry...........

You must look at the stone in comparison to at lesat several other stones to get at least an idea how different proportions look like.

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And listen to the people at this from - Neil, David, etc.

These guys are pretty good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

TANKS,

vITALIY

Moderator, I just found that the above reply to this topic was made using my handle.

I did not post this message!!! Please remove!!!