Best jdiamond jewelers on 47th Street in Manhattan

tjlord

an excellent diamond jeweler on 47th St., NY, NY--fair, willing to educate and honest

:lol:B):lol:

Sorry, couldn't resist. I've heard nothing but bad things about ground-level retailers on 47th but one person's opinion doesn't mean they're all bad.

Ben;

I know you do not include myself nor David of DBL among this nefarious 47th Street cabal.

An excellent 47th Street jeweler, fair, willing to educate, and honest is not an oxymoron.

Barry,

I agree, although, as a shopper, I find the general carnival atmosphere of the street to be extremely frustrating and I'm sure I would have the same worry as tjlord if I were a consumer shopping there. As I understand it, neither you nor David have the sort of facilities that are really geared towards meeting with the public in person but please correct me if this is wrong. Can tjlord visit your shop if he wishes? Is an appointment required? Do you have a showroom?

There's a stunning number of dealers that offer facilities ranging from a single worker doing business out of their vest pocket to large showrooms with millions of dollars of inventory to choose from and they are all saying that they are the best place to buy. Some have very high profiles and others require a great deal of hunting and even luck just to find. Any suggestions on how a typical NY shopper should proceed when faced with the hundreds of potential dealers on and off the street, none of whom he knows and all of whom claim to be offering the greatest deal that ever was?

Barry, although I have never met you in person, I have would have absolutely no doubts or trust issues whatsoever buying from you. Please don't take my message as any type of insult or jab, as that wasn't intended for you.

Denver's comments echo my thoughts exactly. A consumer -- even the savviest of consumers -- is as good as roadkill among most dealers on 47th.

Neil;

I concur with your sentiments and outlook RE: what goes on at Street level here on 47th Street. It is truly Caveat Emptor.

Having said that, there are many fine and reputable jewelers both on Street level and high up in the buildings away from the maddening crowds and hucksters. It is difficult work for consumers to be able to successfully separate the wheat from the chaff.

We are in an office building right here in the 47th Diamond District and have a suite of showrooms where we meet with clients by appointment only.

Ben;

Thanks very much for your kind words. Much appreciated.

I did not take your comments at all in the negative, just trying to point out that consumers might try not painting with a broad brush. Of course, difficult to do but as Willie Loman said..."Attention must be paid".

Best Regards,

tjlord,

David and Barry are excellent addresses. They will go to great lengths to help you walk away with an excellent feeling -

Although technically not on 47th Street, I would like to point out that Diamond Ideals is on 48th Street, just East of 5th Avenue. We have a showroom and are perfectly set up to receive our customers in a comfortable and relaxed setting.

We wish you all Happy Holidays!