Suggestions For The "titles" On Diamond Review?

hermann

Ok, so everyone by now has noticed that each member of this forum gets a "Title" based on how many posts they have made.

Currently, the 3 titles are:

1. New Member

2. Member (granted after 10 posts)

3. Advanced Member (granted after 30 posts)

YAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Boring!!! :D:wacko::wacko:

Any suggestions or ideas on new names????

Ben;

I noticed you didn't suggest "Cut" ratings. Wise move.

Imagine if a member received an "Ideal" rating. All heck would break loose and fierce debate would rage as to how "Ideal" that "Ideal" member really was!

Too big to fit on the Brilliancescope, H&A viewer, or properly measure Crown/pavillion angles for the HCA, we'd probably have to ship the member to Denverappraiser for an appraisal!

:wacko::wacko::D

:D

Perhaps we could use the GIA cut grading scale and get away from the I-word:

Excellent

Very Good

Good

Fair

Poor

Of course, we would have difficulties deciding where the breaks should be. How about:

Poor - People who have never posted.

Fair - The first post

Good - the second post

Very Good - 3-10 Posts

Excellent - All others

Neil Beaty

GG(GIA) ISA NAJA

Cut ratings are a bit cliche, don't you think? :D

Another suggestion I had was to use different mastery levels within the trade. For example: "Apprentice", "Diamond Graduate", "Gemologist", "Master Gemologist", etc. But I think that would confuse people into thinking that the poster actually has those credentials.

What about working our way up the metals, then the gemstones? Start with "Rusted Beer Can", work your way up through Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, then on to ruby, sapphire, eventually diamond?

Another suggestion I had was to use different mastery levels within the trade. For example: "Apprentice", "Diamond Graduate", "Gemologist", "Master Gemologist", etc. But I think that would confuse people into thinking that the poster actually has those credentials.

Something tells me that we might have some disagreement about what constitutes better mastery, Gemologist/Appraiser or Experienced Dealer. We better not go there.

I like the idea of using the various jewelry metals.

Neil Beaty

GG(GIA) ISA NAJA