Need a help to buy jewelry

thenetvampire

If you're hoping to get into the jewelry business and are looking for sources of merchandise that you can sell, I do not recommend online auctions, especially as a way to buy new merchandise. I don't recommend them for used items either unless you know exactly what you're doing. There are good deals available for the antique pros who work at it and know what to look for but it's quite a bit harder than you might think. Start by learning all you can about diamonds, jewelry and business.

Neil Beaty

GG(GIA) ISA NAJA

If you're hoping to get into the jewelry business and are looking for sources of merchandise that you can sell, I do not recommend online auctions, especially as a way to buy new merchandise. I don't recommend them for used items either unless you know exactly what you're doing. There are good deals available for the antique pros who work at it and know what to look for but it's quite a bit harder than you might think. Start by learning all you can about diamonds, jewelry and business.

Neil Beaty

GG(GIA) ISA NAJA

ok do you have good ebook or website to learn?

Thanks

Start by learning all you can about diamonds, jewelry and business.

Yes, the business section. Lots and lots of people have gone into the jewelry business and some have been decidely more successful at it than others. A few months up front in the library can teach you a remarkable amount how to make a business profitable. Most of the good stuf isn't available in ebook format.

Choosing your suppliers is not the first step in making a business if you expect to succeed.

Neil Beaty

GG(GIA) ISA NAJA

ok do you have good ebook or website to learn?

Not to be crass, but it's fairly obvious you're a novice at buying/selling jewelry and possibly even on the economics of selling and buying goods on the Internet. Before you invest your hard-earned money in a field that you know little about, I think it would be wise of you to learn -- a lot. In fact, try it with other people's money first (i.e. get a job doing this type of thing with someone else), learn, then do it on your own.