BlueNile Signature Collection

jchammer

I would ignore "Signature" or any other brand and focus on the diamond itself. There are a lot of tools available online to help you make sense of the numbers, but always make sure there is an ample return period in case the diamond you receive does not look like what you thought you would get. Also consider having an independent appraiser take a look at the stone during the return period.

On Asscher cut diamonds, as far as I know , there are no brands except Royal Asscher which is a patented cut diamond that has more facets on the pavilion side and is cut by the Asscher family in Amsterdam. Here is a picture of one of them that we have in stock. ;) These diamonds are specially cut for more flashes of colored light.

post-2-1121709177.jpg

On Asscher cut diamonds, as far as I know , there are no brands except Royal Asscher which is a patented cut diamond that has more facets on the pavilion side and is cut by the Asscher family in Amsterdam.  Here is a picture of one of them that we have in stock. ;) These diamonds are specially cut for more flashes of colored light.

Yeah, the Royal Asscher is fantastic, but a little hard to find. I haven't seen one in the 1.5 carat range. Since only one company distributes it (Fabrikant), I haven't had much luck finding more than a handful of stones (your 2 included :) ). So it seems like I'll have to settle for the generic asscher.