Unsure about a diamond

Engagement shopper

I'm looking to get the best diamond I can for under $6,500...what is your opinion on the best diamond for that kind of money? It will be set in a white gold band, so I'm assuming I should get something in the colorless range. I do not want to be able to see any flaws to the naked eye, so it seems like I need a VS2--or is there such a thing as a "clean" SI1?

I recently found a diamond a bit out of my price range, at $7,691, ideal cut, GIA cert.

Carat 1.16

E color

VS2 clarity

60.9% depth

56% table

6.87-6.83-4.17

no flour

no culet

Thoughts on this diamond, and on how to perhaps find a diamond in my budget (where should I go a bit lower in to save costs--color, clarity or carat?

Thank you!

Thoughts on this diamond, and on how to perhaps find a diamond in my budget (where should I go a bit lower in to save costs--color, clarity or carat?

Have you tried the internet jewelers? Try the "FIND ONLINE JEWELER" button on the top of this site, there is a tool there that you might find useful. You should also contact some of the jewelers that regularly contribute to this message board.