I am looking at purchasing a diamond of 1.35 carats E / VS2

Proportions: 7.12-7.15 x 4.39mm

Depth 61.5%

Table 56%

Girdle: Very thin to thin, faceted

Cutlet: None

Symmetry: excellent

Proportions: excellent

There are two small clouds in the middle and a feather on the side. I cannot detect any of the imperfections myself, but the vendor with a loupe could find them. Curious as to what price this type of diamond should be going for? I realize prices just went up again last week.

Dilbert

I'm not in the industry (just an avid consumer here) but I just helped a friend buy a diamond very similar to what you propose. I would venture a guess of around $12K if it looks good (clean, good light return, the rest). You can probably do a little better if you buy it online.

Hi Dilbert:

Here's a great way to get an idea of pricing: go to the "find online jeweler" section of this forum and enter your info. You will get a listing of actual diamonds currently on the market (as well as which jeweler carries them) but the main thing you'll get is a price. Keep in mind because these are online jewelers, the prices may be slightly less than an actual store, but not by much. (IMO)

When I entered your parameters in I got this page:

http://www.diamond.info/search/search.cgi

Good luck!

Princess Tess

PS: Hi everyone I'm baaaaack. Just in case you thought you were rid of me for good, haha. :blink: