Looking to buy and clueless

pulsekitchen

Hello folks,

From what I've read, you all seem to know what you are talking about. I've been packing away some salary, and I would like to get an engagement ring for my sweetheart. Problem is, the packed away salary isn't a whole lot, and she hasn't give me much to work with. Here it is:

Budget: $2,000 to 2,500 (ish)

Band: White gold

Round Cut

I guess that I am just wondering what the specs would be for a respectable diamond at that price. She probably wouldn't care, but I do.

Thanks folks.

Since the setting is fairly simple, I would go with an Internet jeweler.

I would look for a diamond with a minimum clarity rating of SI1, a minimum color rating of H, a fairly high quality cut, and then let your budget dictate the carat weight.

For $2K you should be able to find something at around 3/4ct which makes for a very nice engagement ring!

There is an excellent tool on this site to help you find the diamond. Click on "Find online jeweler" and go from there.

Good luck!

This tool may give you diamonds in that price range, however you won't get to *see* how bright or pretty the diamond is. You may find a dud or a really nice one. Why don't you check out your local jeweler and ask them what they have in that price range to see and then go from there.