Pavilion: 42.8

Girdle: SL. THICK FACETED

Polish: VERY GOOD

Symmetry: VERY GOOD

Fluorescence: FAINT

Culet: NONE

Cut-Grade: IDEAL

Comments: Girdle inscribed "EGL US 27075804D"

I am thinking about the stone above; all the information comes from the EGL report. I was wondering what some of you would consider a fair price on this stone. I did do a check for similar stones of that color and clarity on price check here and found stones similar but none that are ideal cut. Any help on helping me figure this out would be great.

My thanks in advance,

Kyrus.

kyrus,

Who says it's Ideal cut and what do they mean by their use of that term? Not every dealer uses this term the same way. What you describe would not be an Ideal cut under the AGS definitions because of the symmetry and polish but it may meet some other standards.

Since this seems to be a primary attribute that you are seeking, make sure you are comparing similarly graded items. Also note that most labs won't use the SI3 grade and an EGL SI3 is sometimes difficult to compare to other systems. In general it means I1 (which is why the dealer sent the stone to EGL)

Neil Beaty

GG(GIA) ISA NAJA