.55 ct Round - need help with quality-price!

valentinecv

I am looking for help in determining the quality and price on a diamond I am looking at ... should I get it?

Specifics:

EGL certified

ROUND BRILLIANT

Color = G

Weight = 0.55 CT

Clarity= VS2

Polish= VG

Symmetry= G to VG

Proportions:

Depth= 60.2%

Table= 60%

Girdle: thin to medium faceted

Fluorescence= strong blue

They are asking around $2,000 which would include the setting. However, is this a good quality stone? and what do you think about the price?

ANY help is very much appreciated!!!!

THANKS,

Val

Do you know what "strong blue" fluorescence means and are you ok with that?

Also the $2K including the setting... what kind of setting??

Have you looked at the diamond search function on this website to compare to other diamonds?

The setting is an 18k yellow gold setting with some small stones on the band

I am not exactly sure what the fluorescense factor means ... except that it lights up onder a black light. When you look at the stone in regular lighting it seems to just have a very white look to it ... and I prefer the stone to look white as opposed to clear ... can this have to do with the cut or the strong blue spec?

I used to buy my diamonds in Belgium and those stones look just so much more white than what I am being shown so far in America ... so I am considering going back there to buy our ultimate wedding ring (around 2.5 - 3 CT)

If anybody could tell me what specification to look at in order to make sure the diamond looks WHITE (like an icy fire) I might also consider buying a diamond over the internet...

Thanks!!

Val

You should be able to get the same quality GIA certified (more reputable than the EGL) online for MUCH less. Take a look at some of the more reputable websites out there - they're going for around 1500.00 for that size, color, clarity, and cut and you probably won't have to pay sales tax.

Just my opinion.