Asscher Cut

smittie6

I'm looking for an engagement ring for a woman who is an extremely creative artist and a graphic designer, so she appreciates "uniqueness". Seems to me that the Asscher cut is less prevalent than the Round or Princess, but it also looks like the Round Brilliant has more sparkle to it.

I've read that with the Asscher and Emerald it's especially important to look only at E, VS1 diamonds since color and clarity show more in these cuts. Is this true?

It also seems that the prices are nearly identical for similarly rated diamonds at most of the reputable shops that have GIA or other ratings available. Anything in particular that I should know about or be weary of?

I'm obviously a rookie here, any help is appreciated! Thanks.

If she is extremely creative you may want to include her in the purchasing process. Afterall it is a ring she will hopefully be wearing for a very long time. When polled about 95% of the women wanted to be included in the choice but liked to be surprised by when they would be getting the ring.

You may be surprised to find what your creative girlfriend likes to wear. :(