Got Diamond Questions?
Our community of diamond experts are here to provide answers
Sign in to follow this  
catsblanche

looking to buy a 12 or 14 carat diamond.

blimey!

Im afraid I'll have to yield to the expertise of Barry, Jan, The Rock or Rhino here. I've never seen or sold anything this big I have to admit!

Rappaport price listing only goes up to about 6 carats, and at THAT size you're looking at a good 30,000 dollars a CARAT. Trade!

So....a 10 - 14 carat pear shaped diamond will be v expensive.

to be fair..once you get to this size though prices aren't calculated in quite the same way cos it's so unusual to find stones of this size - it may be much cheaper than the per carat price would initially suggest, or vastly more expensive. I know where there's a flawless 60 carat pear shaped, but you need to buy the million dollar bra it's attached to!

If you're serious about getting one Im sure I could find a price for you, but hopefully one of the other contributors here will have more info!

cheers

Night

Cat,

Hire professional assistance.

Stones meeting your description can vary by over $50,000 depending on issues that aren't included in your question. If you're serious about buying such a stone, start with a session at an independent appraiser and devote some energy to searching for the right dealer. A few hundred dollars will go a long way. Seeking free advice on an internet forum is not the best approach.

Neil Beaty

GG(GIA) ISA NAJA

Neil Beaty

GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA

There's never a crowd when you go that extra mile.

Professional Appraisals in Denver

Night: Funny you mention Pink....I was actually searching for Natural Pink Diamonds when I came across that boulder. Not knowing a lot about "Natural Pink Diamonds" I was surprised of how little of them there are out there. They are beautiful, that is for sure!

Got any scoop on one at a reasonable price?

Fly

A stone of this size is very rare. It is best to work in person with someone for a stone of this size. Where are you located at? Maybe we could recommend a store for you to go to.

Jan

For those that want to know the truth about diamonds, just ask.

dbof.com

Night: Funny you mention Pink....I was actually searching for Natural Pink Diamonds when I came across that boulder. Not knowing a lot about "Natural Pink Diamonds" I was surprised of how little of them there are out there. They are beautiful, that is for sure!

Got any scoop on one at a reasonable price?

Fly

I actually have a small number of natural pink diamonds that I bought som econsiderable time ago - they are gorgeous, but probably not exactly the link you might want (that elusive bubblegum colour)

They're very hard to buy nowadays - basically anyone who gets anything of decent size (above about quarter carat!) simply auctions it - there is little point selling them direct when people will literally fight over them......

Am always on the look out for them - if I find aything really good I'll let you know!

will take a piccy of the ones I have for interest sake - they're pretty tiny sadly, but will make a stunning eternity ring I think!