oops! Sneak Peak

Lisa596

Hi Lisa, I'm not female but I can give you a man's perspective on this.

My first reaction is that you've somewhat spoiled the surprise for yourself, but only partially. You still don't know when he's going to propose, what he's going to say, what he'll be wearing, what you'll be wearing, what time of day it will be, how you will react, how he will react, what else he might give you as part of the proposal, whether your friends and family will be watching from a secret location, etc., etc., etc., etc. Hopefully you didn't spend too much time gawking at the ring :( , and if that's the case, you also don't know much about the ring and diamond itself other than the basics, and that would be another part of the surprise as well. If I were you, I would just go with the flow and not mention it.

That being said, marriage is not about keeping secrets. Perhaps a few months after the proposal, you might mention to him that you saw the ring, and explain the circumstances under which this happened. You don't want him thinking that you were snooping. Just tell him your reaction and how happy you were, how stumbling into the ring was a total accident, and that the day of the proposal was still the happiest day of your life (if it indeed it was).

Congratulations in advance! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Today's my birthday!!!! And guess what? I didn't have to wait until Valentine's Day!

Yay!

Michael proposed tonight at dinner, I had to let you guys (my secret club) know. The ring is beautiful! (As I knew it would be.... :) ) A princess cut with channel diamonds on each side. Acting surprised and delighted wasn't hard at all, I even cried real tears it was just so sweet the way he did it. And he had a whole story about the reason he got that type of ring. Apparently his mom (deceased) had a wedding ring of all channel diamonds, and growing up he always felt she got cheated out of having a solitaire. So he picked this style because it had the channel stones like his mom's ring AND the solitaire in the middle. So is that great and romantic or what???? B)

Anyway, I just had to share the story with you. Thanks for all your comments.

And God, I hope somehow he hasn't found his way to this forum!!

Bye!

Lisa

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't normally post in this forum, but I figured I'd let the folks who read the postings here know that I'm planning on proposing in Europe next month. I haven't decided exactly where, but I figured an engagement ring has to come with a great story.

I'll keep you posted on how things turn ot.

• 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I had something similar happen to me. My fiance and I see the same tax guy and I am friends with the tax guys niece. The niece text me after my fiance's tax appointment and said, "Oh my uncle said he is going to buy you an engagement ring with his refund," lol I told him, he was a little irritated but I couldn't have kept it a secret.

• 3 years later...

Okay, for all you girls out there...I was putting away my honey's gym bag and pulling out his sweat socks, etc....and...oops!...I found a black box with a ring.

Anybody have any ideas how to act surprised? Do I tell him??

Lisa

wonderful surprise he had for you and hope this goes on, always