Yellow Gold vs White Gold Prongs?

PNWgolfer24

Any opinions on yg vs wg prongs? (With an F colored stone) 

My girlfriend LOVES yg, but I’m concerned yg prongs will distract from the F color of the stone, make it look yellow etc which I want to avoid since I’m going with a colorless stone. 
It will be a 3-stone ring like the below examples - Oval center and pear sides. 

Any truth to the fact that yg prongs make the stone look more yellow? 

Or any thoughts on if a two-tone setting with a gold shank and wg prongs is subtle enough for a yg lover? Since it’s a 3-stone ring, even with just wg prongs it seems like a lot of wg. 

Yg and a two-tone examples below that are similar to the ering I’m going with

image.png.c9fc24f7cff5ae8b10622de2f45740c0.png
image.png.ab274243316c805914c8521ac9769344.png

image.png.747c80c04292dffeaa45c183c9bd0168.png

image.png.b8b98791c4b80b9d4d6190e282173acc.png

9 hours ago, PNWgolfer24 said:

Any truth to the fact that yg prongs make the stone look more yellow? 

Some. It's not by chance that white gold and platinum became popular in the early 20th century, as diamonds became more widespread (and before then many diamonds were set in silver anyway). On the other hand, if the diamond is well cut - which is far more common today than it was 100 years ago - it should reflect most light internally, and the colour of the prongs should be irrelevant.

Personally, I don't see that much of a difference in the colour of the stone - visually, the yellow gold tips are definitely more contrasting and they do make a (usually small) difference to the look.

9 hours ago, PNWgolfer24 said:

Or any thoughts on if a two-tone setting with a gold shank and wg prongs is subtle enough for a yg lover?

That is a question that only you/your girlfriend can answer. I can only point out that the person wearing the ring is generally the one with the biggest share of the vote... 😉