Side inclusion

Bw302808

In the photo, under the bottom right prong, you can see my side inclusion. I had the prongs tightened and the diamond was rotated to this position. Before I had it worked on, this inclusion was facing the band and not under a prong. The diamond just doesn’t shine like it used to. Would having this inclusion tucked up under the prong be reflecting/refracting (not sure which) the color of the prong, giving the diamond a darker color?

image63734913.JPG

Edited by Bw302808

Moving the inclusion relative to the setting may make it more visible to an observer, but it won't affect how light is reflected and refracted (both! 😁) within the diamond. I can't see the inclusion in the photo, but what I can see is a diamond that isn't very well cleaned... and that will affect its sparkliness. Simple cure:

1. Cup of warm water

2. Drop of dish soap/washing up liquid

3. Soft toothbrush.

4. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Rinse well under fairly hot water (or use alcohol if you have very hard water), and you should have a much sparklier diamond. The little buggers are literally grease-and-dust magnets.

45 minutes ago, davidelevi said:

Moving the inclusion relative to the setting may make it more visible to an observer, but it won't affect how light is reflected and refracted (both! 😁) within the diamond. I can't see the inclusion in the photo, but what I can see is a diamond that isn't very well cleaned... and that will affect its sparkliness. Simple cure:

1. Cup of warm water

2. Drop of dish soap/washing up liquid

3. Soft toothbrush.

4. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Rinse well under fairly hot water (or use alcohol if you have very hard water), and you should have a much sparklier diamond. The little buggers are literally grease-and-dust magnets.

Yes, absolutely, the ring needed cleaned in this photo. The inclusion that I’m talking about is that whole lightened chunk that’s under the prong. Maybe that’s not considered an inclusion but rather a crack. I was just wondering how that prominent feature might reflect and refract the color of the prong.