Light Performance on this diamond

parcourse

Hello, I would like to know if this diamond has optimal light performance. I am looking for a diamond that has a "super ideal cut", but unfortunately this website does not provide ASET scope images so it is very difficult for a novice like me to determine just from the dimensions alone. Here is the diamond:

https://www.rarecarat.com/diamond/94052475

Thank you!

diamond.png

Thank you for the welcome! That is a good point, since "optimal light performance" is subjective, I guess the root of my question is: is it possible for a stone like this one,  with good proportions, symmetry, etc. to have a "poor" ASET scope image or Hearts and Arrows image, where there are not much light return or contrast and the hearts and arrows are malformed. Can I safely assume from the GIA certificate and proportions that the ASET and Hearts and Arrows of this diamond will look similar to "optimal" images, like the one below I found on https://yourdiamondteacher.com/? Thank you!

A-diamond-with-an-Idealscope-image-ASET-image-and-hearts-image.jpg

Yes, it is possible. 'Poor' is probably a stretch. Not optimum.  ASET images are a bit of a pain to take well and you'll find that the dealers aiming for the bottom of the price point tend to cut it out of their marketing. Given that you're aiming for D/IF, presumably becasue it's documented as the 'best', I'm a bit surprised you're going that route. 

Curious that the self described diamond teacher chose those particular images as their standards for what is optimum. I have minor problems with all 3 of the reflectors. 

That makes sense, thank you. I was hesitant about this diamond because it did not have ASET images and I did not know if quality of the cut and light performance (to this degree) could be assumed from the proportions alone. This has been very helpful!

I would be careful... Neil has not said that "it does look like the ones in the example" - he said that from the proportions "it could", and "it is unlikely to be poor". It also could not be like the ones in the example (and in fact, purely from a symmetry of pattern I would say it does not: if you look at the arrow shaft at 6 o'clock when the video starts, it is "off centre" vs. the crown facets above it forming the arrow head). Does it matter? If you look at it with an H&A viewer, it may; if you look at it with your naked eyes, in a 5.6 mm diameter stone, you won't notice. And it remains a very nice diamond.

Edited by davidelevi