Distinguishing clarity enhanced diamond vs not

Takel98

So it’s my second post here(thanks again for the help on the first one and for the patience :) ) I recently bought another diamond which is a 3.10ct heart light yellowish gray, its certified as an i1(I don’t trust the certificate so I won’t even be posting it here) obviously its not the greatest but I do enjoy it it’s something different and not too included to the naked eye, the only concern is considering it was sold as natural not treated I’m trying to figure out if it was enhanced or not, I see a slight fog/mist that comes from the center left part of the diamond which I’m concerned it could be the liquid/crystal material they use on clarity enhanced to fill the internal fracture, although looking very closely with my 10x loop I don’t find any hairline pattern or small incisions that could point out to a clarity enhancement. That is to my untrained eye, I’ll add a picture of the front, I’ll try to make more in the hopes I can get all the angles thanks again very much

DB586C7D-A93C-46E8-8416-FFFD6568FCD7.jpeg

3137F172-2121-4FE0-A625-E3020258B7CB.jpeg

Nothing much to add to Furqan's comments, other than to note that a fancy gray is usually gray because it has a large amount of diffused microscopic inclusions, which may well be the "slight fog/mist that comes from the center left part of the diamond"

• Like 1

Spotting fracture filling takes a little bit of practice but the usual way is to light the stone from the side (not the top) and move it around under your loupe. There's a rainbow affect from the filling that can be pretty distinctive. Look specifically at surface reaching feathers and you're looking just below the surface. Sometimes it's pretty easy, sometimes it's tricky. One trick is to put yourself in the shoes of the seller. The reason to CE is to improve the visible grade by making certain surface reaching inclusions less prominent. On the right stones it works pretty well. Not this one. What makes you I1 (or maybe I2) is the string of black stretching from the girdle to the middle of the table. CE won't help that. That means they were I1 to start with and they're still going to be I1 when they're done, plus the CE warning label. The stone ends up less valuable, not more, and they have to pay to do it. That doesn't mean the didn't do it, but was a bad idea if they did. I think it's unlikely. 

• Like 1