Oval 1.50 carat, I have no idea what i'm doing

A jeweler is offering to put this stone in a ring for me, I couldn't tell the difference between coffee and clear water when it comes to this stuff. Can anyone tell me if they see anything that screams 'run' from this report they sent me?

https://www.igi.org/reports/verify-your-report?r=455034027

The also sent me this video

https://ds-360.jaykar.co.in/ds_360.php?chk=QWxs&q=SllLMjBFMTcwMA==&3807-455034027
They are asking around 3k for the whole thing, stone and ring. 
Advice would be greatly appreciated.

No, there is nothing that screams 'run away!'. There is also nothing that screams 'buy me!'

Bear in mind that the stone is synthetic - which is one of the reasons for the apparently "low" price vs. natural diamonds. Nothing wrong with synthetic stones, but not everybody wants that (and some people explicitly want that instead).

I guess the first question is "do you actually like that, and do you like it more than other similarly priced (and/or graded) diamonds?"

I am working with a jeweler who asked my budget and this stone was what they recommend off the bat. I also asked for some other choices in my 3k price range and am waiting for the others. Is the price reasonable for it being lab made and it's size/ 4Cs? I really don't have a great deal of experience for this. As long as it looks nice and my SO is happy, then I'm good. She's left it up to me to handle and would like a surprise, so I'm solo on this.

Thank you so much for taking the time to chat!

7 hours ago, davidelevi said:

No, there is nothing that screams 'run away!'. There is also nothing that screams 'buy me!'

Bear in mind that the stone is synthetic - which is one of the reasons for the apparently "low" price vs. natural diamonds. Nothing wrong with synthetic stones, but not everybody wants that (and some people explicitly want that instead).

I guess the first question is "do you actually like that, and do you like it more than other similarly priced (and/or graded) diamonds?"

The price seems reasonable - in fact, at the border of "suspiciously low", considering it includes a setting and labour. It looks quite large for a 1.50 ct stone. The inclusions seem to be totally innocuous visually. Given they call it a "type IIa" it's surprisingly coloured, and it will never win any prizes for its cut.

Would I recommend that you buy it? Not unless your sole priorities are size and price.

It's competitively priced and it comes down to what 'around' $3k means. Without trying very hard I find several comps under $3200, for example, but none under $3000. That's not even a 10% difference and it takes us into issues of the grading accuracy, something we know nothing about and can't evaluate from pictures. Drop that color to I and it becomes easy to beat. Raise it to G and it becomes impossible. Is that one a 'lucky cert'? Who knows? IGI is a reputable company but it might be. It happens all the time. Have you seen the stone in person? Has your jeweler?  No, there are no red flags but I do recommend doing your due diligence (as I would with any stone).  As mentioned above, if the 'around 3k', includes the mounting and the labor, the math is a little different and it depends a lot on the details of that mounting. SOME mountings can get pretty pricey.

This is that. The questions remain. What's your budget? Have you seen the stone? Has the jeweler? Does this budget include the mounting? What's that going to look like?  FWIW, the 'impress' feature has more to do with the mounting than the center stone. A 1.4x/I/SI1 would be over $1000 cheaper with roughly identical bling. This business is all about tiny details. If this is truly a budget issue, I think you have the wrong stone. Throw that $1000 at the mounting and you will almost certainly get more flash out of the whole package. 

Edited by denverappraiser