Diamond 1 or Diamond 2?

dizzydiamond

Hello!

I'm in the quest of finding an oval my diamond for an engagement ring.

I've narrowed it down to these two options and was wondering if you could please let me know which you prefer?

Differences I notice:

The facets between them look very different to me but I'm not sure how this will affect each of their appearances in real life for better or worse.

The shape of Option 2 in the pictures looks perfect to me, a smooth consistent oval, whereas option 1 looks as if it tapers in a bit more dramatically from it's midsection to ends, making it a tiddly bit more 'eggish'?

Option 1 looks like a whiter H with Option 2 looking a bit more yellow but might that just be the videos and not noticeable in person? I was a bit worried about being able to notice the yellow tint but I'm getting it set in rose gold so that should help.

Stonealgo says Option 1 faces up as 1.92ct and Option 2 faces up as 2.07ct . Will this small spread size difference be perceptible in real life?

OPTION 1

1619070309703.png

Video

Weight: 2.00ct
Colour: H
Clarity: VVS1
Fluorescence: None

Cut Information
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Measurements: 9.73 x 6.96 x 4.46
Length:Width Ratio: 1.40 : 1
Table: 62%
Depth: 64%

OR

OPTION 2

1619070091009.png

Video

Weight: 2.02ct
Colour: H
Clarity: VS1
Fluorescence: None

Cut Information
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Measurements: 10.04 x 7.09 x 4.41
Length:Width Ratio: 1.42 : 1
Table: 61%
Depth: 62.2%

The biggest problem we (and possibly you, if this is all the vendors have provided you!) have is that the information is inconsistent and non-comparable across the two stones (including the way in which the photos have been taken). That ASET image is most likely taken incorrectly, but if it were correct, it looks horrible enough that I would simply leave that stone be. The other one does not have any reflector images...

I don't think you can really draw any comparative conclusions from these photos/videos other than on size - where I think stone 2 will look slightly larger side-by-side but not when looked at 'one-by-one'.

Even the appearance of 'smoothness' is (I think) due to a greater symmetry in the image - but stone 1 seems to be quite symmetrical in the ASET... yet not in the photo.

One other important question is 'who graded these stones'? Not all labs are equal.

Edited by davidelevi