Wondering if this is normal : I can see through my diamond

Hugo

Hello, 

I bought a ring from Custom Made, chose a diamond following their expert's comments (https://www.gia.edu/report-check?reportno=1216389874) and it got set in the ring. Once they sent me the pictures, some of them make it look like the diamond is almost see through.

I wanted to know if it was possible, following the information provided, to tell if there is something wrong here, or if it is really just normal as they claim it is only a lighting thing. 

See pictures bellow
image.png.4cfe9228fa7d3c8174f08fa6f0a77d36.pngimage.png.8afed7a3bd23e8cf920f5ce2be3146e5.png

I already plan on getting the ring appraised once I receive it, just in case. I have no reason not to trust them so far, but again, I am not an expert. I paid a good amount for this (just 3.8k USD + taxes, 2 250 for the diamond alone) and this picture makes me fear that I may have chosen the diamond poorly. While it is too late to change it, I'd rather know it now than be in shock in front of a jeweler during the appraisal. 

Thanks in advance and have a good day!

EDIT : adding the heart and arrow images in case someone can properly read those : 
image.png.f01e7e5c0f3b7cda697021552cc44d29.png
image.png.306a8dba4ace9b538dfb4c45fa95e87d.png

Edited by Hugo

Hi Hugo, welcome to Diamond Review!

I'd say it looks perfectly normal - you are seeing a few parts of the setting partly because of the extremely strong light without any obstruction from an observer head, and partly because the yellow gold contrasts with the 'white' of the diamond. When you move the diamond by a few degrees, those 'see through' areas will be reflecting and you'll get another set of facets 'going dark'.

H&A - they seem OK. It's not what I would call an H&A stone, but presumably you weren't told it was. It has nice proportions, in any case. The price is at the top of what fairly aggressive internet-based dealers would charge: https://www.diamondreview.com/diamonds?sortOrder=price&sortDesc=1&fShape=Rnd&fCaratLo=0.60&fCaratHi=0.65&fColorLo=G&fColorHi=G&fClarityLo=VS1&fClarityHi=VS1&fCutLo=&fCutHi=poor&fDepthLo=50.0&fDepthHi=80.0&fTableLo=40.0&fTableHi=80.0&fSymLo=ideal&fSymHi=exc&fPolLo=ideal&fPolHi=exc&fCulLo=&fCulHi=vlarge&fFlrLo=strong&fFlrHi=vstrong&fPriceLo=0&fPriceHi=1000000&adv=1

• Thanks 1

Thanks a lot @davidelevi!

I knew I would pay a little bit more due to the "custom made" nature of the ring and hands on approach they use, and prices felt reasonable/comparable considering that, but it's good to have a second opinion. 

Thanks again!