HELP ! Which diamond to pick????

Frahman93

Hi everyone,

I am stuck between two diamonds and would appreciate your feedback.

Diamond Stats

Carat: 1.2
Depth: 61.6
Table: 57
Crown: 35
Pavillion: 40.6
Symmetry: Excellent
Measurements: 6.78x6.81x4.19
GIA/AGS report # : 2356677262

Diamond Stats

Depth: 62.4
Table: 55
Crown: 36
Measurements: 6.76x6.79x4.23
GIA/AGS report # : 7338335094

LD14315568 scored 0.9 on HCA (all excellent but Spread is very good)
LD12968009 scored 1.7 on HCA (light return and fire is excellent but scintillation and spread are very good)

They look the same to me on the blue nile website and the price difference is minor.

Which would you choose?

Interesting pair. Both very well cut - on paper the one with the report ending in 262 is very close to canonical 'Tolkowski' proportions, which is possibly why it costs a smidgen more. I suspect - from the report; the videos are not very useful in this regards - that the one with report ending 094 would be a little more fiery and a little less bright. It also seems to be cut marginally more symmetrically, but even if I'm right (and the video is not the best tool to make that call) you probably wouldn't see it without a loupe.

On paper, I would be tempted to go with 094 because I like high crowns and small tables, I prefer fire to brightness, and I would rather save $500. YMMV.

Thanks for getting back to me. One last question is what do you think of the diamond below?

https://www.bluenile.com/diamond-details/LD15058458

Diamond Stats
Depth: 61.4
Table: 56
Crown: 34
Measurements: 6.76x6.81x4.17
GIA/AGS report # :

Would go still go for report ending in 094 given this diamond? 

3 hours ago, davidelevi said:

Interesting pair. Both very well cut - on paper the one with the report ending in 262 is very close to canonical 'Tolkowski' proportions, which is possibly why it costs a smidgen more. I suspect - from the report; the videos are not very useful in this regards - that the one with report ending 094 would be a little more fiery and a little less bright. It also seems to be cut marginally more symmetrically, but even if I'm right (and the video is not the best tool to make that call) you probably wouldn't see it without a loupe.

On paper, I would be tempted to go with 094 because I like high crowns and small tables, I prefer fire to brightness, and I would rather save $500. YMMV.

Proportions-wise this last one is the 'most classical' of the 3. It's an I, which is where many people start seeing colour 'through the side'. I think it will still look very white from the top as a solitaire (or with properly matched melée). It's also much cheaper... which might swing it for me.

BTW - all three show as 'not available', which may make the question somewhat moot.

8 minutes ago, davidelevi said:

Proportions-wise this last one is the 'most classical' of the 3. It's an I, which is where many people start seeing colour 'through the side'. I think it will still look very white from the top as a solitaire (or with properly matched melée). It's also much cheaper... which might swing it for me.

BTW - all three show as 'not available', which may make the question somewhat moot.

Haha it’s not available because they’re reserved for me so I can choose.

I think I’d go for the cheaper one as well. Not much difference from top down 

• Haha 1