Diamond Clouds.

trooojan02

I am looking to buy a  diamond.. Both looked great when I saw it.. It looked great.. Popped no real downside from the eye..

I got the GIA report from  and there seemed to be large clouds but not on the table.  H clarity 1.4c vs2.. Attached is the GIA. 

The other 1.51 but has some clouds and inclusions on the table, but nothing noticeable w/ the naked eye. H clarity 1.52 S1

Just want to make sure both are a good buy and which might preferable.  the 1.51 is $900 more

5191898706 copy.jpg

2267724688.jpg

IMO, the SI1 is the better cut stone. The VS2 has a shallow/deep crown/pavilion angle combination -> 32.5/41.4 --- which results in a darker center under certain lighting conditions. OTH, the 35.5/41 degree angle combo on the SI-1, combined with the 55% Table percentage, should refract more light up through the Table facet to your eye.

The clouds are a non-factor.

Edited by barry

The 1.51 costs more because of the weight.  Diamonds are priced by weight, as in $8,000/carat, but the price per carat goes up as the weight goes up.  A 2 carat stone is more than twice as expensive as an otherwise identical 1 carat stone.  Quite a lot more in fact.  Everybody knows this but less known is that it isn't a straight line.  There are definite points where it goes up.  There are steps. A 1.40 and a 1.44 won't be all that different but a 1.97 vs a 2.01 is a BIG deal.  I mention this because 1.50 is one of those steps.  1.4x brings a fair amount less than an otherwise identical 1.5x.  In this case they aren't even identical.  It's a VS2 vs an SI1.  Yes, size matters.