Got Diamond Questions?
Our community of diamond experts are here to provide answers
JB12345

Help/Advice on my Ideal Scope

I would consider this out of focus and not a good enough image to make any real judgement.  Could the vendor take a better picture with a white or black background?  The purple background may be swaying things one way or another.

Laurent George
Diamond Ideals
New York City

www.diamondideals.com
212-207-4845
laurent@diamondideals.com

I would be surprised if that's a purple background. It looks like an artifact of photoshop to me (in addition to being a bad photo).  There's nothing useful in this image. 

Edited by denverappraiser
  • Thanks 1

Neil Beaty

GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA

There's never a crowd when you go that extra mile.

Professional Appraisals in Denver

The advantage of BlueNile is their return policy, just in case you don't like the stone.  The proportions and clarity of the stone are great but I question the color.  Doing a little more research I found the manufacturer's video which shows more of a brownish tinge in the stone than I would like: http://52.25.131.54/StoneDetail/Display/ImageVideo/10604

The BN price is pretty much in line once you factor in exchange rates and VAT when you compare to similar stones offered on the DiamondFinder above.

• Thanks 1

Laurent George
Diamond Ideals
New York City

www.diamondideals.com
212-207-4845

34 minutes ago, LaurentGeorge said:

The advantage of BlueNile is their return policy, just in case you don't like the stone.  The proportions and clarity of the stone are great but I question the color.  Doing a little more research I found the manufacturer's video which shows more of a brownish tinge in the stone than I would like: http://52.25.131.54/StoneDetail/Display/ImageVideo/10604

The BN price is pretty much in line once you factor in exchange rates and VAT when you compare to similar stones offered on the DiamondFinder above.

Thanks for the video. Looking on diamond finder i struggle to find one of similar quality in terms of being eye clean with little inclusions & having good cut proportions. Apart from the slight brown tinge you mention above would you say this stone is a go-er? In your professional opinion unless compared against another will i notice the brown tinge significantly? Thanks again.

I don't know how much you will notice the tinge.  Everybody's color perception is a little different.  It may also depend on how you are setting the stone.  The important point is that BN has a good return policy so you are covered either way.  Everything else about the stone seems very nice.

Laurent George
Diamond Ideals
New York City

www.diamondideals.com
212-207-4845

Just now, LaurentGeorge said:

I don't know how much you will notice the tinge.  Everybody's color perception is a little different.  It may also depend on how you are setting the stone.  The important point is that BN has a good return policy so you are covered either way.  Everything else about the stone seems very nice.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply. Im based in the UK so returning would be abit more of a cost but atleast the option is there. Did you find any which were comparable during your quick research? No problem if not, just though i best ask. Thanks

BN also has overt experience with shipping and the UK.  Some of the other players struggle with the VAT, customs, and the like, especially if it involves a return.  I would call it a good thing that they're the seller.  Don't hold your breath over the IS image.  The vendor obviously don't know how to take them and it's more difficult than it looks.  They would be wise to learn, but it's their problem, not yours.    

Edited by denverappraiser

Neil Beaty

GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA

If it makes you less nervous about the color, I personally wear a K in my wedding ring and no one has ever noticed, even after I point it out unless there's a nearby stone for comparison.  

Neil Beaty

GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA

Hi All- Can someone please help with below idealscope images for 2 diamonds? Both are very similar in details but differ in carat size. Idealscope images look different so based on your review, I would buy one or the other. 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2hk1tdg36fki4do/AADT0WnxhevP8v0YGIyDdRhLa?dl=0

Thank you for your help in advance,

Pankil