Got Diamond Questions?
Our community of diamond experts are here to provide answers
Elb

Review this diamond

Hi, 

I was wondering if you can review this diamond and tell me if it's worth buying? Online price for diamond is 4,019

Thanks!

Screenshot_20190308-153305_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190309-084024_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20190309-084002_Chrome.jpg

I'm a complete newbie, but just so you know Rarecarat evaluates that price as not a good ideal. It estimates the value of that diamond is $3,740, and thus your price of $4,019 is not good

The secret seems to be your assumed endorsement of RareCarat and their automated pricing model. 

Here, for example, are a half a dozen similar offers for less, including one for what I suspect is the exact same stone. It's not much less but it nicely highlights the issue of these theoretical models. 

https://www.diamondreview.com/diamonds?sortOrder=carat&sortDesc=0&fShape=Rdnt&fCaratLo=1.01&fCaratHi=1.15&fColorLo=H&fColorHi=H&fClarityLo=VVS2&fClarityHi=VVS2&fCutLo=&fCutHi=poor&fDepthLo=50.0&fDepthHi=80.0&fTableLo=40.0&fTableHi=80.0&fSymLo=&fSymHi=poor&fPolLo=&fPolHi=poor&fCulLo=&fCulHi=vlarge&fFlrLo=&fFlrHi=vstrong&fPriceLo=0&fPriceHi=3740&fLabGIA=1

That said, the real heart of the question is what led to you that stone in the first place.  Why H/VVS2?  Why that particular stone? 

I see the photo in a ring. Is that what you're shopping for?  The details of that may turn out to be more important than you're expecting. 

Edited by denverappraiser

Neil Beaty

GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA

There's never a crowd when you go that extra mile.

Professional Appraisals in Denver