Help compare - diamond cloud and feather

Sabrina

Hi, there’re two diamonds on James Allen website I’m considering. Both have nice proportion.

However, one has cloud right under the table. How will it affect the light performance? Will the diamond look a little cloudy in person? https://www.jamesallen.com/mobile/loose-diamonds/round-cut/0.72-carat-f-color-i1-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-3031654

The other one has a feather under the table. Will this be visible to the naked eyes? Will the feather potentially create a durability problem? https://www.jamesallen.com/mobile/loose-diamonds/round-cut/0.70-carat-g-color-si2-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-3746362

Please help!! Thank you!

I would pass on both that stone. The F I1 is quite likely to be a milky stone. The G SI2 has a huge feather under the table AND IS ALSO A brown stone. 

Whether these inclusions are visible to naked eye or not is of second importance - both these diamonds should be substantially discounted and would be rejected by many buyers.

1 minute ago, Furqan Shafi said:

I would pass on both that stone. The F I1 is quite likely to be a milky stone. The G SI2 has a huge feather under the table AND IS ALSO A brown stone. 

Whether these inclusions are visible to naked eye or not is of second importance - both these diamonds should be substantially discounted and would be rejected by many buyers.

Thank you! I actually already bought a diamond. It’s GIA triple excellent, and it’s eye clean, beautiful and bright. However, the HCA score is 5.3, which makes me feel really bad. I just wonder how much more shinning will a HCA <2 will be...

2 minutes ago, Furqan Shafi said:

Some trivial level of more shining LOL. Order a diamond of <2 HCA and get it set in a ring. Then compare both diamonds side by side together in different lighting conditions. Only then you can know how much more shiny it is. 

Thank you very much! The main reason it scored 5.3 is that the pavilion angel is 41.4. In your experience, pavilion angle 41 vs. pavilion angle 41.4 really makes a big difference in light performance to naked eyes?

It's not just pavillion angle but the whole combination of proportions including crown angle, table size, crown height etc etc. It's a GIA triple excellent already so it's not bad looking. Yes some well cut diamonds may be better looking. But you can't say without looking at them next to a generic GIA triple excellent. 

2 minutes ago, Furqan Shafi said:

It's not just pavillion angle but the whole combination of proportions including crown angle, table size, crown height etc etc. It's a GIA triple excellent already so it's not bad looking. Yes some well cut diamonds may be better looking. But you can't say without looking at them next to a generic GIA triple excellent. 

Thank you! I really appreciate your help!