Help at diamond picking

Mateusz

Hi, greetings from Poland. I am trying to find the best diamond for me and i will need a little help from you. This diamond will be set at solitaire gold engagement ring with white gold prones. I did my own research and i found this diamonds:

https://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds/diamond-details/0.502-h-si1-round-diamond-ags-c-104095881009#!pret tyPhoto%5Bgallery2%5D/0/

https://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds/diamond-details/0.506-i-vs2-round-diamond-ags-104091555028#!pretty Photo%5Bgallery2%5D/3/?a_aid=pd

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/compare.aspx?idnos=3876814,3836197,3880131

Which one is the best in your opinion?

"Best" is relative to your objectives and personal preferences... so a straight answer is very difficult since we don't know what they are. What's more, you have picked two vendors that 1) have very high standards 2) are very consistent in the way they enforce those standards and 3) have standards which are quite similar to each other, so in a sense the answer is either "any of those" or "none of those": they will all look quite similar.

This said, I think we can rule out a couple of candidates: for $50 difference I'd rather have the 0.502 than the 0.506 from BGD (slightly larger diameter, slightly nicer ASET and I'd rather have a clean H/SI1 than an I/VS2, though at 0.50 ct you won't see much difference if any in colour). Similarly, I don't see the point in the 0.501 WF: you'd be paying extra for invisible VS1 clarity and getting a slightly smaller stone.

Between the three remaining, it's largely size vs. money, and therefore I would discard the 0.535: not much of a point to stay in the middle: either save yourself $150 (+ VAT) and go for the slightly smaller BGD, or splash out a little more and get a visibly (though not dramatically!) larger stone.

Hope this helps.

Not very different from the conversation above... very similar in terms of cut, at 0.5 ct you won't see much of a difference in colour, and I trust BGD's "eye cleanness" (and - as Furqan noted for the 0.502 - cloudiness) assessment, so it comes back to the balance between size and budget. The 0.56 is a little whiter, visibly larger, but not hugely, and there are no questions around cloudiness/haze; if you can afford the extra $250 (+VAT) I'd go for that.

A knot is a clarity feature. G is colour of the diamond on the colour scale. Neither has any bearing on the other. A knot is a clarity feature which sits right on the surface of the diamond, and was possibly a part of a larger crystal which got cut or polished during the cutting and polishing stage. FWIW knot is not looked upon favorably by the industry when it features on a grading report, along with etch channel and cavity. But you are not the industry. So don't worry about it ;) 

Inclusions (or as GIA calls them "internal characteristics") have nothing to do with colour, except in extreme cases (which an SI1 is not), however it's important that you understand what you would be buying.

A "crystal" is just that: a mineral crystal inside the diamond. It can be another diamond which happens to have slightly different lattice orientation, it can be some other transparent or light-coloured mineral (e.g. calcite), or it can be a very dark mineral (e.g. diopside) - that, together with the size and position of the crystal determines whether it's easily visible or not.

A "knot" is a crystal that reaches the polished surface of the stone; it's generally perceived as a "worse" inclusion than a crystal because being so near the surface it is (usually) more easily visible, and because there is a (very theoretical) possibility that the knot may work itself loose and leave a cavity on the surface of the diamond. In practice, if it hasn't gone during cutting and polishing, it won't go in normal use... so don't worry about it.

Thanks both of you. I understand what knot is, I am only ask that is a chance that this knot can impact badly on this specific diamond? I used g colour to indicate diamond which have this inclusion.  Look if you can at picture below, a told me what type of inclusion is it? Crystal or knot?

inclusion.png

A knot is a crystal that breaks the surface.  What you're looking at is on the pavilion side and you will not be able to tell this difference from a face up photograph.  It may not be either.  As mentioned above, it could be a reflection and it could just be a piece of schmutz on the back of the stone.  Other clues in the photo suggest that the stone wasn't especially well cleaned before this picture was taken. 

Colour sensitivity is a very personal thing. I don't think you'd have any issues with a 0.50 stone in I colour even through the side, but you certainly won't have any seen from the top, because of the truly excellent cut.

This said, unfortunately there is only one way to make sure: see the diamond. As a proxy, go to someone in your neighbourhood and ask to see comparable diamonds (GIA or AGS or HRD graded H or I, around 0.50 ct. and really well cut).

As the stone is extremely well cut, what you will see is the reflection of light entering the crown rather than the color of the actual material.  In a stone this size, the chances of an SI1 being eye visible are extremely minute so if color is your main concern, go with the H rather than the I.  The money is the same and you will have peace of mind for the color.