My new engagement ring :)

Tui32

Hi all.  

Wondering what you think of  my new ring. It's second hand but that doesn't bother me as it meant my fiancé was able to pick something that usually we'd be unable to afford. The first ring we chose from a high street store here in the UK had to go back in a matter of days due to a stone dropping. 

This is 14K white gold, 65ct (for the central stone) and I imagine perhaps another 20ish for the side stones.

Its due to have a valuation service before I pick it up at the weekend. It actually comes from the US apparently so its been hallmarked by the current shop. I'm assuming it would be almost impossible to find out the original seller?

Let me know your opinions on the design etc :) So pleased to be receiving it at the weekend

22861466_10213681872497037_4607314666227355573_o.jpg

image1.JPG

***Apologies for the poor images, the first was taken on a camera phone in store and the second via the retailer!***

Edited by Tui32

Very pretty.  Congratulations.

It may or may not be possible to figure out who the original maker was and, for most people, it doesn’t really matter.  The clues, if any, will be in the hallmarks. Fundamentally, it doesn’t much matter and it’s quite common that the info just isn’t there.

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, Ayesha Khan said:

This is beautiful. It is really very classy. It makes it doubly special special when it is gifted to you by your fiance isnt it? Last month my husband got me this beautiful ring and a pair of earrings. Excuse my fat fingers and am I the luckiest woman or what :D

[spam link removed]

If your story were true, why would you insert a spam link into it?

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, JuliaPerkins said:

Was it a link to the store

Yes, it was a link to a retailer's home page. When her (?) text implied it would be a personal photo.

On 2/13/2018 at 8:32 AM, davidelevi said:

my husband got me this beautiful ring and a pair of earrings. Excuse my fat fingers

If the site weren't getting this sort of spam more regularly, I'd be more inclined to believe in an error - but from a one-time poster that doesn't even come back... it's pretty definitive proof.

• 1 month later...