Is my diamond okay?

CheeseLMN

Is my diamond okay? Please read the report, I do not know much about diamonds. Any input would be helpful, thank you.

DIAMOND eREPORT

FOR NATURAL DIAMOND

ROUND BRILLIANT

Measurements
5.39 - 5.44 x 3.40 mm
Carat Weight
0.62 carat
Color Grade
G
Clarity Grade
VS2
Cut Grade
Very Good

PROPORTIONS

Depth
62.7 %
Table
57 %
Crown Angle
36.5°
Crown Height
15.5%
Pavilion Angle
40.6°
Pavilion Depth
42.5%
Star Length
55%
Lower Half
75%
Girdle
Medium to Thick, Faceted, 4.0%
Culet
None

FINISH

Polish
Very Good
Symmetry
Very Good

FLUORESCENCE

Fluorescence
None

CLARITY CHARACTERISTICS

Clarity Characteristics
Crystal, Feather
Clarity Characteristics
CrystalFeather

INSCRIPTION(S)

GIA 3225855765

There are no major red flags - but it depends on what you are looking for... some cut perfectionists may criticise the slightly thick girdle and steep crown, both of which result in a stone that is slightly smaller (and possibly a little darker) than the best. If you have paid a fair price, and above all if you like the stone, then everything is alright.

Angle of observation is a possibility.

Two more possibilities: diamonds attract dirt (actually, they attract grease, to which dirt then sticks). Try cleaning the diamond (especially the pavilion) with a toothbrush and some dish soap, and see if things improve.

The second possibility is that jewellery lighting is designed to make gems look good by focusing light on the gems and leaving the rest in much lower light. In the open, the reverse happens, and it's very possible that a very bright diamond will look darker in sunshine than inside a jewellery shop.

My guess is it’s just the way your eyes work.  Direct sunlight is a terrible lighting environment for diamonds.

Look directly into a bright light.  What do you see?  Not much, right?  If there was scintillation of colors or a pattern on the bulb, you wouldn’t know it.  What your eye sees is BRIGHT, and the iris immediately contracts to the point that you don’t see much else.  It turns out you don’t even see the brightness.