Need help choosing the better 1.5ct Diamond!

Aret2010

Which diamond has the least noticeable inclusions? Making sure the diamond is eye clean from like like 2 inches is what's most important to her as long as it's G or above color.  Which would you pick and why?

https://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds/diamond-details/1.514-g-si1-round-diamond-ags-104095011009#!prettyPhoto[gallery2]/0/

https://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds/diamond-details/1.528-f-si1-round-diamond-ags-104095011008

Which do you think has the better Ideal-Scope / ASET images?

Any advice is welcomed, and thank you!

Edited by Aret2010
clarity

Wholly agree with Furqan, however unless she is hugely nearsighted, her eyes won't focus on anything at 2 inches... but if that is really her concern, aren't you better off giving up on some other aspect and going for a higher clarity than an SI1? There's eye-clean, and there's mind-clean; it's difficult enough to assess the former, but the latter is totally impossible.

Thank you for the responses. @Furqan Shafi I'll be sure to ask Brian Gavin or someone from their staff the same question, hopefully they are honest. And @davideleviYou brought up a great point about it being mind-clean. However, I think it's just visual thing,  and that she just wants the inclusions to be invisible unless you're looking through a scope.. Is that possible with SI1's? Especially these two in particular... or is it 100%  necessary to go up to VS2 or VS1 to achieve that?

Yes, it is possible to have SI1 (and in fact even some I1) that are perfectly eye-clean... however the devil is in the detail: who is looking (visual acuity is significantly different across people), where are they looking (top only or through the sides, distance), how are they looking (loose vs. set stone, lighting, background). A stone that is clean for me may not be clean for you (or her).

Given BGD gives the "all clear" to both stones, I don't see any reason to doubt that seen from the top at a typical close observation distance (10-12 inches, not 2) they are both clean. There is nothing in the reports to prefer one to the other in that respect, since the crucial information (i.e. colour, transparency and depth/location of the inclusions) is not on the reports, and the photos are inconclusive.

Edited by davidelevi

@davidelevi So you think they have a good possibility of being eye clean in even abnormal viewing conditions? From what I've read, normal viewing conditions is 10-12 inches away from a person with 20/20 vision.  We both have 20/20 vision and I'm just worried that if she looks at it even closer than the 10-12 inch standard she might be able to spot something, even though they all appear to be white inclusions. Would you recommend giving these a diamonds a shot under that kind of scrutiny? I love everything else about these two diamonds, it's just these damn inclusions that are holding me back. 

I really appreciate your insight on this David, Thanks again. 

Brian and staff will look at the diamonds for free... and it's not in their interest to tell you they are eye-clean to YOUR definition/satisfaction if they are not, so I don't see what you have got to lose by asking them to do so.

I have no idea if they are clean or not to a very close inspection, not least because human eyesight fails to focus properly at very close distances, and increasingly so with age - if whoever looks at the diamond "closely" is in their 40s and you are in your 20s it is possible that they won't see things that you will. I "know" (statistically speaking) that they will be clean in normal viewing condition because Brian says so, and I have found him reliable in this respect.

Thanks again @davidelevi

I ended up purchasing the 1.528, F after Brian himself and others made it clear that the only way to spot the inclusions, no matter how close you are.... Is with a scope, OR unless if you look at the diamond upside down. I can't wait to see what it looks like in person! 

Now I just need to figure out who I can trust to properly set the stone. I live in a small city with low-end jewelry stores. Should I ship the loose stone to the place that I'm purchasing the setting from? Or should I ship the setting and loose stone back to Brian Gavin and have them set it for me. 

I'm probably getting the setting from Whiteflash or Solomon Brothers. 

I have no idea if BGD is going to be happy setting a diamond in a setting that you purchase somewhere else (and some people are not particularly happy to supply their settings and/or to set the diamond if they don't supply the stone too), but assuming all of this can be worked out, Brian and his team will do a first class job.