Does this oval have too much bow tie?

Gingerpols1

Hi everyone, I’m looking for an oval for a 1.5mm band that can only hold a 1.1 carat diamond. I have a budget of around $6000. I have found the following diamond and I can’t tell how severe the bow tie would be in real life - would it be too annoying? 

If it is too much, I am hoping to get an oval slightly larger than 1 carat with a L:W of 1.4-1.5 above H colour and eye clean!

please help! 

https://www.jamesallen.com/mobile/loose-diamonds/oval-cut/1.05-carat-e-color-vs1-clarity-sku-3207270

Have you seen an oval diamond in real life ? Did you see bowtie in it?

Have you seen an oval diamond in real life that you knew had a bow tie? How did the bowtie appear to you ?

If you haven't done this already then you are searching for a diamond too soon. You need to look at oval diamonds in real life first. Most ovals have a bowtie. Look at several ovals and see how you find the bowties.

If you have already done the above, and know how a bowtie looks in real life and is a significant issue then you can answer your own question.

As far as I am concerned I have seen ovals with larger bowties than in the diamond in question.

Good luck with your search.

4 minutes ago, Furqan Shafi said:

Have you seen an oval diamond in real life ? Did you see bowtie in it?

Have you seen an oval diamond in real life that you knew had a bow tie? How did the bowtie appear to you ?

If you haven't done this already then you are searching for a diamond too soon. You need to look at oval diamonds in real life first. Most ovals have a bowtie. Look at several ovals and see how you find the bowties.

If you have already done the above, and know how a bowtie looks in real life and is a significant issue then you can answer your own question.

As far as I am concerned I have seen ovals with larger bowties than in the diamond in question.

Good luck with your search.

Hi,

yes I have seen many in real life but never with the scale I can see in James Allen so I don’t really have a great point of reference to go by. It seems small to me, but I just wanted to check that I am buying her a lovely diamond.

Absence or presence of a bowtie is no reference for a lovely diamond. A diamond with a bowtie can look amazing and a diamond without a bowtie can also look dull. That's the inherit problem with fancy shapes. And that's why round are so popular and GIA gives out a cut grade for them. 

Having said that the selling point of fancy shapes is not just the sparkle but the shape it self. When you blow things at 40x like in the video on that website you're seeing things that you won't see IRL and not seeing things which you would IRL. 

Also, do you see how dull that Oval looks except for in the area that actually has a bowtie?