Got Diamond Questions?
Our community of diamond experts are here to provide answers
Jason LS

I need some help with this stone.

I wouldn't be quite as definite. I can see (part of?) a cloud at 9 o'clock (table parallel to the screen)  in the video, but the stone overall doesn't seem hazy to me. However that's best assessed by someone who HAS the stone, not just a video of it. Have you asked JA? How is the stone priced compared to other 0.90 I/Si2?

Edited by davidelevi
Fixed typo (that changed meaning!)

That clarity feature at 9 o clock is best a VS2 IMO. Since its an SI2 - this would be something that would have a comment like clarity grade is based on............on DGR but since this is a Dossier report...

I can see hazy area at the upper half from 12 to 10 and 2 on either sides. But it could be just me. 

Like Davide puts it's difficult to say certainly.

If you rotate the video slowly, the hazy area visible to the top when the stone is facing straight seems to me to "disappear" at several angles (e.g. at ~45 degrees turn to the left I see clean).

It could be you and I seeing different things, Furqan, or it could be the video... blast these dossiers for SI stones!

A video comparing this stone to a cleaner stone would be very helpful in this instance as a hazy stone would be obvious.  I'm also a little concerned with the brownish tinge I see in the video.  This could be an effect caused by my screen settings but it is particular to this stone.

It was cheaper than others in that size/category.  It's hard to see the problem in the video (for me), I wonder if it can be seen that readily in person.

If it's cheaper, it's not a good sign. It's likely that - for some people, in some conditions - it will look cloudy/hazy. Whether it does that for you and whether it bothers you (two distinct issues), remains to be seen. You have 60 days to check it and return it at no risk...

You may want to look at it first, before it's set.  The 60-day return applies to the diamond, but I don't think it applies to the mounting.  If it matters to you, check with them to be sure.