Idealscope image

SweetGwendolyn

These are not ideal scope images. These are Hearts & Arrows images, and also computer generated. If you're asking for reflector images I would suggest you ask for ASET images. It's superior to Ideal scope. Also while these images are of Hearts and Arrows angles - the stone it self is not one that would be considered a H&A. 

Hearts and arrows has nothing to do with a diamond being excellent or ideal. GIA doesn't give out an Ideal grade but AGS and IGI do. Some diamonds graded Ideal by AGS and IGI can be GIA Excellents or even Very good. And some Excellent stones by GIA will get Very good grades by HRD. It all depends what are the standards of the grading labs are. 

In Normal circumstances an Ideal diamond would be one which has proportions within the generally accepted Ideal range which is Table smaller than 59, Depth shallower than 62.2, Pavillion angle shallower than 41, crown angle steeper than 33.7, but even this is arbitrary and definitions can change. 

Also frankly all these companies calling everything Excellent as Ideal is BS of the highest order. 

Just stick to GIA Excellents or AGS Ideals for starters. Hearts and Arrows are better cut diamonds and cut with more precision. That precision results in better optical symmetry. Experience tells me optical symmetry with correct Pavillion angles and crown angles - results in better contrast pattern and more symmetrical light return. Also precision cut stones are less likely to have dead facets. 

H&A is a symmetry thing.  They usually are well-cut stones, because it’s extra work to do it and if they’re going to do that they might as well go all the way,  but it’s not necessary.  Interestingly the one you show above is clearly showing that it’s NOT H&A.  Given that, I wonder why they gave you those images.

FWIW, I like the optical symmetry of the H&A’s but yes, it’s a matter of taste.