Help!! Ideal-Scope Image

tchen017

Hello All,

This is my first time buying a diamond and I have been doing research for months.  I finally found one that I like, but I am not sure if this diamond is worth buying. This diamond has GIA tripe excellents, but from what I heard, the range for excellent is very large. It could be a bad excellent or a good excellent. I also requested the ideal scope image from the seller, but not sure if I am reading it correctly. Below are the questions I have in mind, hopefully you can help me.

1) I have seem other ideal scope image for true heart cut diamond and they all have 8 white triangles in between each arrows.  The diamond I am interested in only has 3 on the right side. What does that indicate? 

2) I see black shadow next to some of the arrows. Is it normal? 

3) the white triangle along the edge of the diamond are more apparent on the right side. Will this affect light performance? 

4) this diamond has HCA score of 0.5, is it bad? According to HCA tool, 1.5 is better than 0.5.

5) For girdle thin-medium, will it chip easily?

Please share your opinions.  Thank you very much in advance. 

1.36 CARAT D-IF EXCELLENT CUT ROUND DIAMOND

Cost: $15,660

HCA score: 0.5

SHAPE: Round
CARAT WEIGHT: 1.36
COLOR: D
CLARITY: IF
CUT: Excellent
POLISH: Excellent
SYMMETRY: Excellent
FLUORESCENCE: Medium
L/W/D (MM): 7.18*7.24*4.35     

L/W RATIO: 1.01
DEPTH %: 60.30
TABLE %: 56.00
CROWN ∠: 34.00
PAVILION âˆ : 40.60
GIRDLE: Thin - Medium
CULET: None
CERTIFICATE: GIA

post-136157-0-02800400-1493485480_thumb.jpeg

post-136157-0-05317300-1493486226_thumb.jpg

Edited by tchen017

These are all issues with the photography.  The JA 'true hearts' stones are photographed by the manufacturer and they've got a well controlled and consistent way to do it.  This is with some other approach.

In the HCA, which is not especially useful for what you're doing by the way, all stones below 2.0 are the same on their scale.  

Edited by denverappraiser

These are all issues with the photography.  The JA 'true hearts' stones are photographed by the manufacturer and they've got a well controlled and consistent way to do it.  This is with some other approach.

In the HCA, which is not especially useful for what you're doing by the way, all stones below 2.0 are the same.  

Thank you very much for your quick reply. Base on your experience and expertise, would you say this diamond is a well cut diamond? I am not sure if this diamond is worth the money or I should look for a different diamond?