Online Website To Buy Blue Caribbean Diamond (Hpht/irradiated/lab Grown)

95girl

There's typically quite a few advertised on eBay, and any coloured diamonds dealer worth his/her salt will be able to find you one - but the colour you are seeing in the ad is in no way close to what a typical irradiated blue will look like in normal lighting conditions. You'd stand a better chance of a match (though not necessarily a lower price) by looking for a Paraiba tourmaline.

One option that you may want to consider is a synthetic blue: the colour will be the same as in a natural blue (caused by boron and hydrogen), but the price will be a fraction of a natural. In my opinion, they are much nicer than irradiated stones. d.nea and Takara are the two main manufacturers (as far as I know!).

One option that you may want to consider is a synthetic blue: the colour will be the same as in a natural blue (caused by boron and hydrogen), but the price will be a fraction of a natural. In my opinion, they are much nicer than irradiated stones. d.nea and Takara are the two main manufacturers (as far as I know!).

That's exactly what I meant,so long the color is not just a coating and is CYAN like in the ad.I don't mind it being synthetic or whatever. http://growndiamondcorp.com/Home/OurMission Can I trust this website?it seems I already found what I was looking for

No, a natural blue won't be a cyan... this below is a "typical" natural fancy blue hue:

r3486a.jpg

I have never seen an uncoated diamond in the colour of that picture you posted, be it a wholly natural diamond, a boron-doped synthetic or an irradiated stone. The only gems I can think of that get near to it are Paraiba tourmalines (natural), some aquamarines, zircons (mostly irradiated), apatites and just possibly some irradiated topazes. Bear in mind that some of the above can be way too soft for some jewellery types, especially rings.

Re: the site: I have never heard of them (which means nothing one way or the other), but I am a bit sceptical of some of their claims ("Our advanced diamond growing technology and polishing factory allows us to offer a wide variety of Lab Grown Diamonds. We carry a large ready inventory of all shapes such as Round Brilliant, Princess, Oval, Cushion, Radiant, Asscher, Pear, Marquise, Emerald Cuts. We can offer all these shapes in D-M colors, IF to I2 clarities and in sizes 0.005ct to 5ct."), and there's a fair amount of other BS in there too.

This said, it doesn't cost much to give them a call (they have a US number on their "Contact us" page) and ask them what they can do, for what price and at what conditions (e.g.: will they take back their stone and give you your money back if it's not what you want/expect?)

Edited by davidelevi