Natural 0,75-0,80 Shining Diamond With Gia

mia_olga

hello, I'm looking for from 0.75 to 0.80 carat diamond engagement ring. My budget is $ 2000-2500. the diamond must shine so much! I found these diamonds. can you help me choose?

There are two diamonds I like (I think :angel: )

Carat: 0,75

Color: I

Clarity:VS1

Cut: Excellent

Certif: GIA

Polish:Excellent

Symmetry:Excellent

Fluo:None

Price: 2012$

http://www.diamonddealfinder.com/enquiry.php?id_field=5796313

----------------------------------

Carat: 0,8

Color: I

Clarity:VS2

Cut: Excellent

Certif: GIA

Polish:Excellent

Symmetry:Excellent

Fluo:None

Price: 2185$

http://www.diamonddealfinder.com/enquiry.php?id_field=5847004

I chose the compromise and color I. I think that with the naked eye can not see much difference, is not it? I care very much that the diamond shine and is pure enough.

If you have the maximum budget $ 2,500 (not more) and size of from 0.75 to 0.80 carat diamond, which one would you choose the diamond http://www.diamonddealfinder.com/??

Thank you

The answer to all your question is a series of "it depends".

I colour: in a 3/4 ct stone most people will see it as colourless, unless there is a (much) whiter stone right next to it. Is it good enough for you? Only you can answer. Go out to the nearest jeweller and ask them to show you GIA-graded, well cut F, G, H, I and J colour stones in about 3/4 ct. size. Can you see any difference? Does it matter? Do you have a preference?

Cut and sparkle. At what level do you want to stop?

1. It's a polished diamond of decent clarity and a quarter-decent cut. Of course it sparkles. They all do. This is where 90% plus of people stop.

2. It's [same as above] with a GIA cut grade of "Excellent". It sparkles way more than the average diamond. This is where 99% plus of people stop.

3. + It also qualifies for AGS-000 (as far as one can guess given GIA report info), given its crown and pavilion angles and other proportions. We are now at 99.9%

4. + It has an AGS-000 report and/or reflector images showing it to be a very bright diamond with an appropriate amount of contrast. 99.99% of people stop here.

5. + It has perfect H&A symmetry, the table percentage just how I like it and a medium/slightly thin girdle. 99.999% enough?

6. + It also makes coffee in the morning, walks the dog, tidies the house and cooks. Sometimes it happens when you give the diamond to someone. At least for a while (pardon the cynicism).

FWIW, both stones look pretty good (at level 2.5 or thereabouts). I'll be "controversial" and say that I like the 0.80 better, because I like higher crowns and narrower tables, even though the crown here is a bit steep (compensated to some extent by a shallow pavilion). It's also a smidgen larger, even though it costs $150 more. We are seriously into 3.5 territory, and what's more it starts becoming a personal choice rather than an objective "yes/no".