How long is a piece of string?
Not sure about the length
I already checked this specific one at the Blue nile store and didn't like it coz it's high setting and hallo is below the diamond instead being at the same level as of the center stone.
I contacted one of these guys for it.
1. What do you think would be a good price for the setting to pay them?
2. Is there anything you would suggest I should make it clear with the jeweler or I should be careful about
Some important ones:
1. How close can the design be to your example, and how important are small deviations for e.g. durability or ease of fabrication - or simply availability in your desired materials?
Yes, Jeweler is gonna send me a pic of the product before working on it
2. How important is the finish and attention to detail vs. the price? An 'industrial scale' semi-mount can be a lot cheaper, but it won't be made with the same care or to the same standard as something from a top platinum smith.
It's important to me for ring to look amazing as in the picture
3. Then again, it will be made consistently to a commercially acceptable quality... whereas individual artisans vary enormously in their skill and experience at making jewellery. Going 'cheap' is often a very expensive road to remaking the object.
4. How much time do you have? Good craftsmen(women) are typically busy, and it could take a few months before your ring is ready, vs. a couple of weeks to order and set a standard design.
Time shouldn't the issue, I've almost 2 months