All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. davidelevi

B2C Jewels? Are They Legit? Shopping For 4.01 Rb.

Why would anyone here care about removing it? And if you think it has incredible impact, it's 1 single review.
  3. Last week
  4. davidelevi

Stats review :)

The proportions look lovely on paper; hopefully the reality will match! Don't worry about the crown angle. Given the crown height, it's absolutely fine. As Furqan said, it may be a case of minimal differences in theory that in practice will be totally invisible.
  5. Furqan Shafi

The numbers are good. That crown angle will be more brighter and less fiery. However any differences are mostly unintelligible.
  6. Dia123

so i purchased a diamond and tried to follow the below stats. The stone will be here within the next 10 days.Ideal stats i tried to followTable 54-58 (or 59) %Depth 60-62.4%Pavilion Angle 40.6-40.9 degreesCrown Angle 34-35 degrees (up to 35.5 or maybe even 36 with shallow, i.e. 40.6, pavilion)My statsAll my stats are within these ranges apart from the crown angle (33.5 see below). Looking at my stats how do people think my diamond is likely to perform? I displayed the stats in another thread and it was mentioned i might get more white light a bit less fire?Would people be happy with the above stats?Thanks guys, loving learning and gaining an insight into diamonds!
  7. Earlier
  8. LaurentGeorge

Help selecting a diamond, down to 2!

This IS image is not as nice as I would have expected based on the numbers provided. This could be the result of the photography just as easily as that of the stone. Maybe the better way to choose between these two stones is to have the vendor show them to you side by side in a video and you can then judge for yourself how they each look compared to eachother.
  9. Pankil

Based on your response, I am leaning towards 2.4 one. Can you review idealscope and let me know if this is good? Thanks!
  10. LaurentGeorge

Both have more than acceptable H&A images and the angles and stats on both are good. Go with the cheaper or larger one. 😉
  11. davidelevi

Comments already offered, but you deleted the thread.
  12. Hi All- Can someone please help with H&A images for 2 diamonds? Both are very similar in details but differ in carat size. Based on your review, I would buy one or the other. Link to Images: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2hk1tdg36fki4do/AADT0WnxhevP8v0YGIyDdRhLa?dl=0 Diamond # 1 2.40 H VVS1 Cut Polish & Symmetry – Excellent Fluorescence – None Table – 57% Depth – 61.8 % Crown Angle – 35 Pavilion Angle – 40.8 Lower Girdles – 80 Star Facets – 50 Girdle Thickness – M-ST https://www.gia.edu/report-check?reportno=6335224763 Diamond # 2 2.60 H VVS1 Cut Polish & Symmetry – Excellent Fluorescence – None Table – 57% Depth – 61.9 % Crown Angle – 35 Pavilion Angle – 40.8 Lower Girdles – 80 Star Facets – 50 Girdle Thickness – M-ST https://www.gia.edu/report-check?reportno=3335311649 Thanks, Pankil
  13. davidelevi

Help/Advice on my Ideal Scope

Please respond here Post by same author in this thread has been marked for deletion.
  14. Pankil

Help/Advice on my Ideal Scope

Hi All- Can someone please help with below idealscope images for 2 diamonds? Both are very similar in details but differ in carat size. Idealscope images look different so based on your review, I would buy one or the other. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2hk1tdg36fki4do/AADT0WnxhevP8v0YGIyDdRhLa?dl=0 Thank you for your help in advance, Pankil
  15. ChristinaH

Should I Be Concerned?

Indented Naturals are also a great way to help identify a diamond, an experienced bench jeweler will know how to handle setting a stone with such a feature.
  16. davidelevi

Should I Be Concerned?

Same observation. Bit of a steepish crown for the sake (apparently) of weight preservation.
  17. Furqan Shafi

Should I Be Concerned?

The diamond looks perfectly fine albeit a bit deepish for my liking, nothing wrong nonetheless.
  18. JB12345

Should I Be Concerned?

19. JB12345

Should I Be Concerned?

Thanks guys. Whats your honest professional opinion on the diamond posted below.
  20. LaurentGeorge

Should I Be Concerned?

An indented natural is a remains of the original skin of the rough diamond and as such is not a structural liability. The placement along the edge of the girdle is the most unobtrusive place for this. If there is going to be an evidence left of the original rough, this is where you want it.
  21. Furqan Shafi

Should I Be Concerned?

Concerned in what sense?
  22. JB12345

Should I Be Concerned?

should i be concerned about indented natural in that location ? thanks.
  23. LaurentGeorge

Black Arrows.

The HCA is only useful if you happen to have the same taste as the person who created it and monetized it. Many of us have differing views and appreciations so we do not put much/any stock in that particular tool, but there is another forum, chock full of opinions but light on actual hands-on experience where they push this tool. IS, ASET and H&A can be useful is weeding out non-performers, but seeing the stone is always the best way to judge its cut.
  24. Furqan Shafi

Black Arrows.

According to some - on a particular internet forum.
  25. JB12345

Black Arrows.

So desktop images are good for looking for inclusions, symmetry and colour but not much else. For checking the cut the use of the HCA tool. (<2 is good to start selecting.) and Ideal scope - aset scope and h&a. is this correct?
  26. LaurentGeorge

Black Arrows.

These are not Hearts and Arrow pictures. These are face up pictures of stones taken in similar but not necessarily the same light conditions/camera angles, etc... To evaluate H&A you need to use consistently taken H&A pictures in a controlled reflector environment. you cannot use these pictures to evaluate the H&A pattern. As Furquan explains, the H&A pattern is a result of angle combination as well as facet proportion and symmetry. In desktop photography such as the images you have posted, the photographic set up introduces a number of other variables that have nothing to do with the stone but do affect the look of the image.
  27. Furqan Shafi

Black Arrows.

No that's not true.
  28. JB12345

Black Arrows.

So something to look out for would be crown and pavillion angles that fall into 34° - 36° & 40.6° - 41°. Anything outside that range could be less desirable?
  1. Load more activity